Carter to Visit Monday

6OA should be a HR swing.

I love Tony Gwynn. He was the best hitter since Ted Williams. He has insane breakout stats, like

Willie Mays was a career .301 hitter. Tony was a career .302 hitter with 2 strikes. The next best guy w 2 strikes? Wade Boggs, at .262…

Tony hit .417 against Greg Maddux and .444 w the bases loaded. He had a combined 148 at bats vs Maddux and Pedro Martinez. He struck out ZERO times. It goes on and on.

But at pick 6OA I want Willie Mays or Greg Maddux.

2 Likes

I’m not sure NFL officials will help any player to the hof like refs did for Maddux.
Just imagine the current strike zone image(box) in MLB used for his pitches.

1 Like

Willie would make a great WR and return man. Maddux is Tom Brady 2.0 with his intelligence and accuracy.

Ummmmm… Brady. If you got within 6 feet of Brady, flags all over the field. lol
Brady could literally point at the ref, and then he’d throw a flag.

1 Like

Well, in today’s NFL rules that applies to most QB’s not just Erin,er Brady

Yes and no, the stars get special treatment.

1 Like

Why would the Ford family have to sign off on any pick? The Lions have a rich history of shitty top picks drafting turds. I don’t think they have to ask permission for any pick they make. This would literally go against everything we have seen from Sheila thus far.

My sources are telling me, spoon at 6 and AA at 18. Wilson & Anderson are ranked higher on the Lions board but are believed to be gone.

2 Likes

Holmes said they get signoff from everyone including S Hamp.

1 Like

Tiger Woods played a round with Maddox, John Smoltz and Tom Glavine and he said Smoltz is probably the best non-pro golfer he has played a round with.

Random comment you made me think about.

2 Likes

All kinds of stories here in GA about Smoltz golfing ability. Guy has also become a good announcer although it’s been a year or three since I’ve heard him. So no idea what he is doing now.

But to my original point on the strike zone and Maddox. Of the three SP Smoltz had the best stuff and didn’t need the help.

When Maddox beats Smoltz at golf, he takes mulligans, doesn’t count penalty strokes and kicks the ball on the green.:rofl:

Glavine was my favorite MLB pitcher growing up and whenever I create a pitcher in video games I try to find a Glavine like pitching motion. It was beautiful.

1 Like

Best part, living in ATL and hating the Braves was watching Maddox and Glavine have to deal with a real strike zone in the playoffs. They didn’t fare well, Smoltz, just keep on dealing as a SP or RP.

It was predictable.

You can’t blame Carter for this. Look no further than his agent. His agent is looking out for his client. That’s what they are hired to do.

Initially I thought Carter was a fault but hes not.

Is that what’s happening though? “Looking out for his client?” By dissing 2/3 of the teams in the NFL? With nearly all of them having the ability to move into the top 10 somehow? Looking like a diva, when there is already smoke on character? Carter isn’t 12 years old. He’s a man. I will blame Carter for allowing his representation to push him into a very douchey move, if that’s how it went down.

I know players “decline” interviews, or like Bryce end visits late in the process. He could have done that and it wouldn’t have raised eyebrows. But “we are ONLY visiting teams in the top 10?” right out of the gate?? Have you ever seen that before? Do you think non-top 10 teams would view that as a player protecting his interests? Or being a diva douche and trying to limit his exposure because he or his agent is worried that more knowledge about what he has to say is potentially a bad thing. It’s just not a good look. That said, if he’s there at 6 and Brad pulls the trigger, I’m all in!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.