Carter to Visit Monday

I still think Jordan Davis is going to be really good once he plays more and with Hargrave gone he will next year. Travon Walker flashed at times. I think the learning curve for the Georgia defensive players is pretty big, because in the nfl they are being asked to do things completely different than that Georgia scheme.

But yea, Hutch was ready to rock day 1, just like Sewell. The bald villain knows how to pick em.

1 Like

So what happens on draft night if Carter starts to slide? Specifically, what will Rosenhaus do if Carter is still on the board after No. 5, where the Seahawks are currently due to pick?

“I will tell him in the green room to keep a stiff upper lip and to maintain a positive attitude that we’re going to be drafted at any second now,” Rosenhaus said. “And yes, I’ll be on the other line calling teams and saying, ‘You better pick this guy right now, because I’m talking to other clubs that could potentially take him.'”

If Seattle passes at No. 5 and you’re going to be drafted any second now, hmmm.

Shit, all the good jokes are taken… :poop:

No he hasn’t visited yet.

The Lions and Fords wanted to meet him close to draft time to make a final decision.

2 Likes

Think GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 Like

That sounds like you’ve heard something. If he’s there, do you think they take him?

1 Like

Only thing I’m thinking would be the reason for this, is that maybe they feel like Seattle may somehow tip their hand and be the difference between trading to 3 or 4 and staying put if they really want him. Or maybe messing with Carter a little to see how he reacts? Of all the things that has been out about him, the one that bothers me most is stating that he would only visit teams in the top ten. That just really seems first rate douche to put out there. Any team outside the top ten could trade into it. Do I take him at 6? Without having the neck up evals the teams do, heck yes.

1 Like

someone said he was drunk @ practice → I’ll always question & consider sources, but that is a big one for me.

2 Likes

gotcha.
i guess do well and crush is a little different for me, that’s why i asked, all good!

Dr Evil GIF

Shazam GIF by SHAZAM! Movie

lex luthor superman GIF

tom hardy bane GIF

Flash Gordon GIF

Mad Hawkeye GIF by Marvel Studios

2 Likes

I think he’s on the short list waiting for the Ford family to sign off on.

:sunglasses::thinking:

3 Likes

Like at his pro day?

1 Like

To me this is best case scenario for the Lions dreams of competing for an NFC Championship and a trip to the Super Bowl: Carter visits Allen Park. Dan Campbell the “Carter Whisper” instantly cuts through all the BS and determines with Brad and Spielman that the man-child is actually a really good human down deep underneath all the noise. Dan taps into something primal in Carter and knows he can fix him and harvest his near-limitless talent like Parcells and Bellichick did with LT. Lions fill their greatest need w Jalen at 6, they grab Bijan at 18, they win Defensive and Offensive Rookie of the Year awards respectively, and the Lions have a legit 5-7 year window to win said Super Bowl.

1 Like

If that happens I’m going to need more koolaid!

3 Likes

I agree I want Carter. I’d be willing to move up to get him. We have the draft capital just so we don’t use any from next year. If we can use 6 and 18 to get up to 3 or 4 and get a 2nd back I’d do it. If we don’t draft him it will cost 25 mil a year to get a similar DT. There are only 4 or 5 of these guys in the NFL and they don’t let them walk. The 49ers were able to snatch up Hargrave because they have a QB on a rookie deal. We don’t have that luxury.

3 Likes

All in on this plan!

An analyst threw out a stat that pointed to Jalen Carter having a significant number of QB hurries, even though his overall sack production was low. That actually jives with the games I watched him in because even when he wasn’t getting sacks he seemed to be all over the QB a handful of times.

2 Likes

IDK maybe because he went through a horrible experience , watched his friends die , and had people coming at him from everywhere . There was probably some things going on that football wasn’t quit as important.

5 Likes

Jalen Carter is exhibit number 1 for why-once you get to the college & NFL level. Dline is the hardest room to manage. Dline coaches are as much babysitters as they are coaches.

Taking the accident out of the equation. The rest of his behavior/“smoke” surrounding him isn’t very uncommon. Dlinemen like Carter are much more the norm than Hutchinson the unicorn

The Lion’s selected Jameson Williams, which to me says Jalen Carter is very much on Holmes/Campbell’s board

2 Likes

The people that are arguing against him based on his production, most of them probably haven’t actually watched him play. He’s far more productive than not on any given play.

3 Likes