CB - Caleb Farley runs a 4.24 40 at Exos

Wallace was always fast. He ran 4.45 last year at Oklahoma. That was less than a year past his surgery and prior to him entering the Exos program.

Bateman was expected to be a mid 4.4 guy by most scouting reports. After running a 4.39 at Exos they had him run a hand time 40 and he ran a 4.37.

I agree you should take these with a grain of salt but the surface is an NFL turf and the times should be fairly close. It’s not like their going to be a 1/2 second off. Most playing services vary a couple tenths max.

I have a feeling some of these GMs will get doof by tools such as adobe and corel draw. If a guy said he ran 4.24 and I didn’t see it, there’s no way in hell I’m believing it. This is the era of smoke and mirrors

While the idea nauseates me, you can’t handcuff the new regime to the GIGANTIC MISTAKES of the past clowns. Jeff Okudah at third overall was ridiculous before it happened; was ridiculous while it happened, and was proven ridiculous after it happened.

So if Campbell and Holmes see that as the best talent-injection they can do at 7, the need is certainly still there.

2 Likes

Interestingly, we don’t have one for Okudah.

However, as a predictive measure for CBs, it certainly didn’t translate in 2013 or 2014 for the overwhelming majority except for maybe Logan Ryan [6.69 three cone]:

https://nflcombineresults.com/nflcombinedata.php?year=2013&pos=&college=

A couple of Lions–DE Devin Taylor had a 6.89 three cone; CB Darius Slay a 6.90 three cone.

In 2014, the best CB of the bunch, Kyle Fuller, who was 10th for CBs, had a 6.90 three cone–same as Slay.

https://nflcombineresults.com/nflcombinedata.php?year=2014&pos=&college=

1 Like

Oklahoma State. As a Cowboy fan, I’m duty-bound to point this out every time it happens.

Wallace does play fast, maybe not Jaylen Waddle fast, but pretty close.

I punted? … let’s please go back to the beginning of our conversation.

Out conversation started with you making this statement.

Then I asked for clarification why this has to be the fastest class in history and you said this.

Fastest as a group … you said that multiple times.

So I gave you evidence to show that two sub 4.4 forties and one sub 4.3 forty all in the same draft class isn’t rare and isn’t the fastest class in history.

Then you claim I punted and followed up with this.

So you went from fastest class in history. To Farley being one of the fastest guys in history.

Sorry bud but your the one who punted my friend. I think you confused our conversation with the one you had with @CuriousHusker

You were having a conversation with @CuriousHusker about Farley speed not me.

With all this said … on the Farley subject since we changed theme here. I do believe he could run a sub 4.3. He’s fast as hell and has been timed in the low 4.3’s before.

I will also say this … which I’ve said several times above… it wouldn’t shock me if these times were 2 maybe even 3 tenths off from Indy’s times. Surfaces do very but I believe they are close because the surfaces are the exact same and they are using the same system to measure.

It will be interesting to see if any of these guys will run at their pro days too. So we can compare.

@Air2theThrown in case you forgot the question. Because you did.

FYI - There’s a video above. You can time it yourself. I did 5 times and 2 were in the 4.2’s and the other 3 were in the 4.3’a … apparently I suck at timing these but I’m not using a stop watch. I’m using my cell phone which I’m sure there’s plenty of room for error.

Wes … That’s not where our conversation started or was about. It’s what you punted into. That’s not what I was discussing with you. See my post above please.

He’s lightning quick and bursty, but his long speed has never been a strength of his game. It’s not bad by any means, but I would have said around 4.5/4.55. Which, if you’re adding .1 to everyone’s times listed right now (as most of the analyst podcasts are doing) puts him at a 4.49, so it wasn’t too far off.

Its okay bro, you think this kid is 4.24 fast and its apples to apples to Indy. I’m not buying it.

You also think sub 4.3 forty times are normal. :rofl:

I see! The point I’m making is the deception is everything in the virtual world. You can make guys run a 4.1 with all the video editing tools etc. Some GMs with get lazy and suckered into this foolishness. I don’t see Brad coming off as one of those type

As I said, I think he’s a top 10 guy on tape. I do not believe he is one of the best 5 players in the draft (now) because of what he ran. But things like this happen every year.

Regardless of whether there’s a fraction of a fraction of a second taken off the time here due to EXOS - the point being that his speed on film is real. Which is the entire point of these exercises. This kid has to be a real option at #7. He’s the real deal.

Where were the Caleb Farley posts before this 40 time?

1 Like

I think it’s a function of three things.

First, the Lions have a crying need at WR and there are 3 WRs ranked in the top 10 players by most sources.

Second, the Lions are decently set at CB with Okudah & Oruwariye.

Third, partly a function of people not knowing who Farley is.

So, for most people, CB hasn’t been on the radar.

Pandemic scouting question: when a kid runs a blazing fast 40 time via webcam is he “zooming”? “Zoom-zooming”?

5 Likes

top hat fish GIF by Goldfish

If 4.22 is true I’m all bout it. And 6’3. Wow