CFB Players to watch: Oct 29 Edition

Yeah with the injuries, the short careers, the ability to find contributors late, I just don’t believe in drafting RBs very highly. Generally I won’t touch one before the 3rd round though I prefer to start hitting them on day 3. There are some exceptions to the rule but they’d have to be as special as Barry, and we haven’t seen anyone like that since then.

1 Like

Im not saying osu are shit, but yeah you get help you look better

1 Like

No expert or anything but in my years of Lions draft scouting, I like highlight reels for RBs because it immediately tells me their upside.

1 Like

Great first half between PSU and OSU. I know my OSU friends will be mad at me, but I’m not a huge fan of Stroud.

1 Like

Man, Ohio State might have took the FG there, Mr. Day.

Stroud just doesn’t look like he’s been in the oven long enough to me. He needs to cook another year maybe.

Yep, for Lions fan interests and the ever present Den QB debate standpoint, Levis vs. Hooker is the big matchup today.

Not a big Stroud fan tbh. He doesn’t really have that “problem solving” capability. Deadly when he gets time though but you need to improvise in the NFL and he struggles with it when pressured.

2 Likes

I am officially out on Stroud. He is a joke. He is allergic to contact.

2 Likes

If I’m an OSU fan, I’m definitely a fan of him being the QB for my college football team. Can win a ton of games with him, including a CFB playoff I believe.

Ask me if I’m a fan of him as an NFL prospect, right now the answer is no

2 Likes

We need him to play well so if we don’t have the 1st pick, someone will take him over Young. The gap between those two, to me, widens by the week.

3 Likes

Well we could just get the 1st pick.

Second pick is the consolation prize of Will Anderson. It’s the 3rd pick that would be SOL.

3 Likes

Okay its halftime and I’m really curious to see how Stroud adjusts. Every time I count this dude out, like Fields, he seems to surprise me.

The other thing to is that Knowles better do something on D. He is pretty solid at adjustments which is nice.

If Day loses at PSU then to Michigan how secure is his job?

Agreed, I feel the same exact way.

1 Like

If he loses both those games we need to look elsewhere.

I was actually out on him after the 1st half of the Rose Bowl last year, but the team coming back and winning the way they did changed my mind. I’m seeing the same team as last year with a better defensive structure and with actual guards playing guard instead of tackles playing guards.

1 Like

The thing that sort of bothers me about Day is that I’ve never seen an Ohio State so soft on the LOS. Not since Cooper anyway.

Bring back Urban man. He might come back. He’s got his hoes lined up at the bar obviously. I kid lest someone takes me seriously

1 Like

Urban would totally take the job back. He had his brain cyst problems because of Schiano’s 2018 defense just like the rest of our fanbase. Schiano is gone now, so he should be good.

1 Like

Fair point. At the top its those 2 guys and everyone else.

2 Likes

Hopefully the pre-draft process will be harsh on Young and push him back down the board. Actually I guarantee it will be, his size will be the major talking point. The question is will it push him down the board and how far?

Also the real problem is this line we have today is arguably more talented than anything Urban worked with after the 2014/15 team. We have a more talented offensive line and we are somehow less physical.

1 Like