Chargers continue Harbaugh HC prep

I expect JJ to test really well if he comes out. His arm strength, speed, and accuracy are much better than people realize. I’m betting that he will be one of those guys that really helps himself at the combine.

That being said, he’s not ready yet. It would be a mistake if he doesn’t stay another year.

2 Likes

Harbaugh to LAC and Aaron Glenn to ATL/NO is the best case for Lions.

Vegas is the wildcard… is Mark Davis stupid enough to let Antonio Pierce go like Carolina did with Wilks?

Washington for Ben? can’t see it happening they already have Bienamy there…

That has to tug at him. He can be coach for life at Michigan. He is in a very good situation in Ann Arbor. He loves the school.

Jim did just turn 60 years old. If the itch is still there for him to chase a Super Bowl, it’s now or never. It would be a blow to Michigan to lose him, but I’m all about chasing your dreams in life. So if that still drives him, then I hope he seizes the best opportunity for him to do that, and runs with it.

2 Likes

Is that even a real question… yes he is that stupid. Have u seen his haircut?

Mark Davis Sport GIF by UFC

2 Likes

I bet he’s a hermaphrodite like Harvey Weinstein

Not a high enough one to have any hope of drafting one of the big three.

I agree mainly because I think he is a better fit in college than he is in the NFL as a coach.

You read his comments this week in various articles on how he defines the love of football.
For him it means playing to you can’t play anymore, you then pivot to coaching until you can no longer coach.

I know the SB pursuit drives him from various reports/friends, but I think coaching in the NFL means you are hired to get fired, (DC is the exception, lol). He has more support and belief in AA than he will elsewhere. His quirks fit the best in AA.

1 Like

JJ needs to get away from Harbaugh. He hasn’t developed under him much at all.

1 Like

Not a surprise take, I would disagree. He is night and day from year one to year two to now.
How he handles pressure.
How he reads the field
Decision making
and more.

Even Andrew Luck, one of the best prospects ever, wouldn’t stop trying to run over NFL players and ruined his career. I’m not impressed with his record with QBs.

Nothing wrong with that, his QB selections at UM haven’t been great to put it mildly.

Andrew Luck not sliding enough as a Colt is Jim
Harbaugh’s fault?

Chargers also have major cap issues in 2024….
and possibly beyond.

Chargers are already ~ $35 million over the 2024 cap… and much of that can’t be reduced because it was created by Telesco/Staley restructuring big contracts.

That cap space would worse… but Herbert only counts $19 million against 2024 cap… and then his cap number starts to soar in 2025 and beyond.

A few other possible challenges…

is that a few of their highest paid guys already restructured… are either old (Mack, Keenan) or injury prone (Derwin, Bosa, and Mike Williams).

and… they some young that are nearing extension time (Slater, Palmer, Asante Jr.)

The OL hasn’t been great… C Linsely has 2 years left on his deal and may be too old to extend.

IMO… Chargers aren’t well built in the trenches….
which is maybe why Herbert still hasn’t won a division or a playoff game.

1 Like

They have a lot of high priced aging vets for sure.

Good points @Phunnypharm

1 Like

This, 100%

I have met Harbaugh a handful of times. Mostly just a handshake and a how are you doing.

I sat next to him once though, at a luncheon a few years ago, and was able to talk to him at length. I came away from that thinking 2 things.

1. This dude doesn’t fly with the same flock as the rest of us.

2. I’ve never met someone who needs his ego stroked as much as him. He constantly threw out his resume, and was constantly looking for validation.

2 Likes

You were stroking his ego? That was an eventful lunch :joy::joy:

Heck of a coach though.

Maybe they trade for Fields?

Sign Cousins?

Falcons have a decent roster… rich owner…
and are a good “geographical” fit for Ben.

Maybe. I still think it’s Washington.

People love or hate Harbaugh. There isn’t any in between.

2 Likes