Chark got 1 yr 5M…

Johnston

Chark ran a 4.34 electric timed 40 at the combine.

A 4.4 hand timed is closer to a 4.5. We shall see what he runs but you have to add at least 0.05 to any hand time… usually a full 10th.

Johnston has some elite trates. But several of his elite measurements were exaggerated and are not exactly elite. His route running is a joke. That will be a massive problem in this offense. And he doesn’t attack the ball at the catch point.

JSN>>>>>>>Johnson

@LineBusy ……

I think we are up to 6 threads about Chark signing.

We might be getting within striking sistance of the Jamie Collins record… :joy::joy::joy:

Still a far cry from the “Is Goff our QB going forward” threads.

4 Likes

Well is he?

3 Likes

Idk maybe you should start a thread

3 Likes

Lions didn’t want Chark back or he didn’t want to be here.
That’s the only thing that makes sense here.

(also makes me think again about if that’s how other teams felt about CJGJ & Montgomery)

1 Like

Or we offered him 1 year 6 million and he felt “disrespected” and end up going elsewhere for less. As long as it took Chark to sign I’d guess he was expecting far more than what he ended up getting.

Sidenote: aren’t the Panthers starting to piss you off a little bit?

1. Whooped our ass last year and was actually the final loss that knocked us out of playoffs
  2. Tries to take our OC
  3. Takes our DC
  4. Takes our DL coach
  5. Talks shit
  6. Tries to interview other staff
  7. Signs Chark
3 Likes

Teams are clearly worried about that ankle. A former pro bowl WR gets more than 1 year - 5 mill if teams thought he was healthy.

KC was apparently interested… that’s where I would have went if I was Mr. IR. Play with Mahomes with Andy dialing up plays.

2 Likes

Lets be serious, nothing will ever top the Goff/Stafford, draft a 1st round QB threads.

Even if the thread is about the long snapper, we have posters that will quickly turn that into a Goff debate. haha

2 Likes

The Lions paid a CB (similar salaries to WRs) who’s never played a full season, who COULD be a #1 CB (like Chark COULD be a #1 WR), who blew out his ACL and finished the season on IR, 1 year $6 million… But they wouldn’t pay a player they know, who finished the year healthy and helped close out a winning season, more than 1 year $5 million? That should tell you what the Lions think about Chark

2 Likes

Very good point.

In fairness though, Holmes loves ACL tears. He just can’t resist them. haha if only Chark had a ACL tear instead of a broken foot he’d still be a Lion!

1 Like

He’s injured that ankle 4 times in his 5 year career, somethings going on and I’d dare bet the Lions medical evaluation weighed heavily on the decision to not resign him.

1 Like

Last time it was Jamaal Williams overplaying his hand. I think the Lions might have overplayed their hand this time. This seems like a missed opportunity that is hard to explain.

2 Likes

One has to assume they have a plan, they usually do.

1 Like

Yep and it’s not like we got nothing at WR

St. Brown
Jamo
Reynolds
Kalif

Both Monty and Swift catch a lot of passes.

St. Brown, Swift and Kalf were top 3 in catches last season. I’m expecting Jamo to catch more than 1 pass next year, haha

Add a WR on day 2. And we still got a solid 5 WR’s.

1 Like

Idk if people realize that replacing Chark means replacing 30 catches for 500 yards and 3 TDs… It’s not a monumental task.

1 Like

I guess I should have been more specific…
and stated that it was a record for less significant players on their way out of town… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::crazy_face:

Or chark knew that st brown and jamo would be getting most of the targets. Chark would have likely been wr3 on this years team. If jamo has bought in and is ready to go that is. Chark will be the guy in Carolina if they don’t add anyone else.

1 Like

Well they did give Thielen a 3 year 25 million dollar deal, who is about 6 years older than Chark, who got 1 year for 5. That’s pretty telling to me.

1 Like