Chark got 1 yr 5M…

I have zero issue with those that prefer JSN over Johnston

I was pointing out the Chark/Johnston size to speed comparison you were making. I’ll be shocked if a 6’2 3/4” guy that verts 40.5” & broads 11’ plus isn’t closer to being a 4.3 guy than a 4.5 guy. Size/speed wise these guys Chark/Johnston are pretty much identical twins

Completely agree. MUCH more likely that they had real concerns about Chark than that they’re feeling secure w/Jamo. I don’t assume it’s attitudinal. Bottom line is that Chark has been in the league 5 years and had ONE notable season.

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised by an announcement of a trade for a vet WR very soon.

Make no mistake: very positive defensive moves notwithstanding, the offense will remain the strength of his team. With the Lions’ favorable cap and draft capital, I find it hard to believe that Holmes and Campbell plan to go into the 2023 season w/ARSB and a bunch of guys at TE and WR that are nothing but promise. (And yeah, that includes Jamo and whomever they hypothetically draft.) It could work out, but I’ll be disappointed if that’s the decision they’ve made.

Montgomery got a fat multi year deal early in FA… that’s a totally different situation compared to CJGJ and Chark

2 Likes

we’ll find out on Thursday - one of the very last pro days.

I like it
Maybe teams are waking up to the reality that spending stupid money on FAs is … stupid

Regarding Chark — for sure he took the opportunity that would give him more opportunity to get the numbers

Jamo — if he gets it right next season is gonna explode on the league

1 Like

Repect?

last year you had maseratis porsches and lamborghinis hit the market and they got paid alot.
this year you had mazdas toyotas and VWs hit the market. the market paid what they were worth.

I tells me they’re paying for the thielen’s past and not his current value. He’s not nearly the same player. He has produced more than chark though.

1 Like

Tells me they trust a 32 year old WR to stay healthy more than a 26 year old one. Thielen got 14 mill guaranteed. I think it was an overpay myself though.

I agree. Thielen hasn’t exactly been the poster boy for health the past several seasons either.

1 Like

How the heck did he get so much money? Soon to be 33 year old WR. Dude must have one heck of an agent. Most of WR’s have been signing for peanuts.

I have no idea how these deals get done. :man_shrugging:

So his 1 year deal is a 5 year deal with 4 void years…

I swear we are going to see some teams try to use huge chunks of future cap space that result in unprecedented organisation collapses. Teams that cant make the minimum spending requirements because they are already over the cap… (im sure there are maximum safeguards in place but this has gotten silly)

I’m told there are still concerns about the ankle. But I still expected him to get more than 5 mil.

I think the Lions wanted to add another young WR to the mix.

I won’t be shocked if we do so round one.

I’ve wondered if there is a limit to void years.

Sign Hutch to a 10 year extension with infinite void years so cap hit is vet minimum annually.

Message from DJ Chark.

It would be 1 year deal… with 4 void years… because the signing bonus can be prorated over a max of 5 years.

1 Like

Replacing Chark’s rate of stats is harder.

BUT

If I think about it, Jamo should be looking at 125 targets, right?

Targets/game guess
Sun God 10
Jamo 7
3WR 5
4/5 WR 3
TE postion combined 6
RB position combined 5
Penei- NOT ZERO😜

So thats 35 passes a game. Sounds right, lets go to the stats for the 8-2 run, as that looks more like the BNL going forward than the 1-6 start

26-26-26-37-41-39-38-42-29-34, so about 34 attempts. Close.

Jamo at a 75 catch 1100 yard season at 15ypc is Chark at his best.

So we are really needing to replace a WR 3 production, which TBH, I think Josh/Khalif together can do.

Im for adding a WR they can bring along. 3 big time WRs if they add JSN QJ etx…may have a tough time in this running ball cintrol offense to find enough targets to get thr value out of good WR3 investment

1 Like

We also added Monty, who has averaged about 40 catches per season in his career. Swift has averaged 50+ catches per season. That’s 90+ catches for RB’s. That’s a skill that Monty adds to the offense.

1 Like