Chark signs with Carolina

Come on now

Even within that context the Lions are about league average in pass to run ratio.

I donā€™t know where the idea we want to be a 90s Big Ten team offensively is coming from.

Good.

Lets draft a #1.

Legit 4.4 will test well sub 4.4 hand timed. We will see what he runs on March 30th. He will have to hand time around a 4.35 for me to think he can actually run a 4.4 flat.

Wasnā€™t that like a 60-70 plus yard TD? I wonder if Turner taking a bad angle, missing a tackle had anything to do with the fact that Q Johnston is 6ā€™4ā€ runs like a deer, & consistently breaks tacklesā€¦ food for thought

I mean I wouldā€™ve liked Chark back, because Chark coming back allows us to use the #6 pick on something else.

I think JSN is going to be a hell of a player. I donā€™t think this means we take him. Does it increase the chances of us doing it? Sure. Do I think JSN will be better than Chark? Yeah, I do.

But Iā€™ll be celebrating when we have JSN AND a free agent at the position we otherwise wouldā€™ve taken thatā€™s comparable to Chark.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s straight from Dan Campbell. but i could have used better wording. The Lions going into every game wanting to establish the run and everything builds off of that. Goff is the number one play action passer in the league. The Lions want to run the ball. Thereā€™s a reason Jamaal Williams, a career #2 rb, lead league in rushing tds and went over a 1000 yds for the first time in his career.

Oh iā€™m sure his speed had a lot to do with breaking a long one. But Cornelius Johnson broke a tackle and took it to the house against OSU, as well as beating a guy in horrible coverage and getting himself wide open, but nobody is talking about him being a 1st round pick. That in itself isnā€™t enough for me to think a guy is worth a first round pick. I expected to see him using his size to go up and get contested balls, I expected him to be a nightmare for us to cover, making big play after big play. I didnā€™t see any of that. Heā€™s got pretty good speed, thatā€™s about it at this point.

3 Likes

I think this just means the Lions believe in Jamo more than we might

1 Like

He can say anything but the Lions have passed the ball more than have ran it even in low scoring games since heā€™s been the coach.

1 Like

Has nothing to do with Jamo. Theyā€™re two different arms on the same body.

It says Carolina valued Chark higher than the Lions did. Theyā€™ll address the position in another way. But unless Jamo can play opposite sides of the field at the same time, itā€™s not really about him at all.

1 Like

Gimme Trey Palmer. The 3rd would be great but I doubt he makes it that far.

1 Like

We had to have at least one player to run the deep route and take the top off the defense. Last year it was Chark. This year it will be Jamo

I donā€™t think itā€™s realistic to say them not prioritizing our deep receiver has -nothing- to do with their confidence in Jamo

3 Likes

Yea i edited my response because i think by saying run first im implying we are the Panthers or Bears offense. Again bad wording by meā€¦

what i meant was that the Lions go into every game wanting to establish the running game first and foremost. I think the Lions would love to put Goff in an offense where he has a Todd Gurlley type RB behind him. Not sure Bijon is that guy but he might be.

Chark was an X receiver, not just the deep threat taking the top off the defense.

Jamo can take the top off and not be the X.

If you want to say itā€™s about Jamo, then youā€™re saying Jamo is the X receiver, which I disagree with. I think without Chark we are officially in the market for an X receiver and the plan for Jamo will be moving him all over the place to wreak havoc on the defense.

2 Likes

5 mil all guaranteed it looks like.

WOW!

That was seriously low price.

You know, he talked to the St Brown boys on the 33rd team about practice and how if they had told him he was going to be part of tackling drills heā€™d have said something. Equanamious had something to say about that, too. I wonder if thatā€™s a work ethic thing that the team is sour on?

Only 5 mill tells me the Lions were ready to move on.

4 Likes
1 Like

I bet we offered him about the same, but accepting a lesser deal after last yearā€™s was probably a bridge too far for him. Plus as I mentioned above Carolina is probably a better spot anyway. He gets to be the #1 guy. Itā€™s a risk, but if heā€™s using this year as a platform for a longer term deal, better to take that risk than get stuck here behind Jamo.

3 Likes