Chark signs with Carolina

Well, for anyone who ever listens to me, this is one of the many proofs that you shouldn’t. I’m thoroughly surprised by his only being a 5 mil guy. I thought he showed enough recovery and chemistry to earn a return, but 5 mil says the team definitely wasn’t seeing it my way.

2 Likes

Wow, $5M . . . safe to say the Lions were ready to move on from DJ.

3 Likes

It’s been 30 minutes and nobody else has confirmed the 5 mil so I’m skeptical.

This is exactly right. I don’t know who he had at receiver w/the Cal Bears, but I think it’s very likely that JG will be willing to throw 50-50 balls if/when he has someone he can count on to come down with one.

Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, Pharoah Cooper, Brandon Cooks, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Josh Reynolds, Kalif, ARSB, Kennedy, Chark…

Some very nice receivers in that mix, but w/the partial exception of Sammy Watkins fair to say that muscling DBs for catches isn’t a strength.

1 Like

I said no one would give him a multi-year deal. I’m not worried about his absence all. This is not a show stopper

2 Likes

JAMO about to make everyone forget about Chark.

3 Likes

Fans think teams spend on FAs just because they are the best available and teams prove this isn’t true.

What happened to the 3 or 4 year deal with 20 mill guaranteed I kept hearing being tossed around on the den!! :wink: Only teasing. haha I’m wrong all the time too!

I think the Lions are better off without Chark, hard to count on a guy that’s always hurt. Go get a young stud in the draft.

3 Likes

So chark can get cut and still be paid 5 mill?

That #4 jersey would look good on jalen carter

Did Goff throw it deep last year? He only completed 2 passes with 40+ air yards.

He might throw it 20+ yards a lot though…I don’t recall what those numbers were. But I do know he doesn’t throw deep deep, very often.

It was about target share. His best bet at one last big contract is to put up number 1 WR numbers. No shot of him doing that here.

Wait a minute, one year for 5 mil ?!? WTF

Doesn’t really make sense to me. What am I missing? This is my first post in this thread.

1 Like

And safe to say this board grossly overvalued what Chark did last season (I should say didn’t do).

He is what he is…a player they doesn’t live up to the profile and who can’t stay healthy.

Happy this is over. The arguments on this topic drove me nuts :joy:

JD9 I’ll give you credit - you called it! I was wrong.

2 Likes

I don’t need credit bro! And it’s all good. I would’ve loved to have him back on a one year deal. I just didn’t think what he did to close out the year was enough to erase his career history.

1 Like

Is that accurate? Seems like more than that on just this highlight reel

1 Like

He had the deep pass to Chark against Vikings and the one to Raymond in Green Bay…. plus his 41-yarder to Jamo.

I am guessing the Jamo pass didn’t reach 40 air yards because he was so open that Goff threw it a little short to be cautious.

I agree we are going to move him all over the place. But if I recall when Holmes called Jamo to tell him we were picking him he said “Come in here, get healthy, take the top off the defense and be the dawg you are”

Chark was the burner deep threat. Now Jamo is the guy to ‘take the top off’

Yeah he had double digit 40 yard completions if I’m not mistaken. But only two with 40+ air yards.

But like I said maybe he threw a ton of 20+ air yard passes…I just don’t know.

Yeah, totally agree.