Chark signs with Carolina

Another thought, do we get a comp pick for this? Still can’t figure how this shit works.

I think it will count in the formula, yes. But most were counting on it to cancel out Sutton, which it clearly doesn’t. If we get any comp picks next year, it’ll be because someone hired Glenn or Agnew away from us.

We are going to need a link for that stat. Clearly our memories of the season cloud our ability to understand this stat.

As a side note I looked up Goff’s overall yardage metrics and he was 9th in total air yards and 4th in yards after catch. The YAC is important because it is a core part of Goff’s game.

1 Like

I’m not discrediting Goff in any way here. Im just simply stating he doesn’t chuck it deep very often.

The Lions also might run the fewest screens in the league. That might attribute to Goff being 9th in air yards. But again that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

Disagree, I believe people here feel like they are losing prime DJ Chark which if I’m honest is better than I had anticipated. Prime DJ which we only experienced for a handful of games was actually better than I expected. The problem being, it’s the number of games.
Was it worth $10m? No, I don’t believe it was.

1 Like

Still waiting on the link. This is an interesting stat that should be shared with everyone. Its certainly an eye opener.

I don’t need to prove anything to you. You are a poster I do not respect and don’t care to engage with. Your board goal is to be condescending and belittling. You want to find it to disprove it, be my guest. Proving myself to you means absolutely nothing to me.

Apparently no team in the NFL did

1 Like

What do you mean by this? What did he say?

Is that really true or is it this what charm emanr all’s long when he said “it’s a business” he’s taking a risk on himself similar to what CJGJ did.

He knows he has an opportunity to step in and be the guy and prove himself and is willing to take less than the eagles/lions offered him.

Something that would have been limited on his old team. I think he might have taken the week to decide on taking such a low amount. However based on that number I don’t think the numbers were too far off. Probabaly 5 million with incentives (that chark knew would be nearly possible to reach behind ARSB and Jamo)

I am not sure where the hostility is coming from. The board is about discussion, fellowship, information and learning.

Let’s try this a different way. Here is a highlight reel of Goff’s 2022 season. The max number of throws that traveled 40+ yards in the air beyond the line of scrimmage is 4. I think 1 of those hit at 39. So a good case can be made that the actual number is 3, and I consider 3 and 2 to be the same number for conversation sake. This flies in the face of what we thought we saw. So do you remember where you heard that stat?

3 Likes

Maggie is not a bro!! She might be the only female poster the den has!!

God Bless @maggie for putting up with all of us… ha ha

1 Like

I fully support that mission statement! Did Will Harris write that!? God it’s good. :wink:

I see the exact opposite. He’s going to play with a rookie QB. Teams will focus on Charks and his numbers will be worse than 2022.

I think the right decision was signing with Detroit

2 Likes

It’s higher ceiling, lower floor. That could definitely happen, but his avenue to targets is far greater in Carolina than it would have been here. Like I said, he’d just tried taking a one-year deal here with the hopes of parlaying that into one last contract. It didn’t work, and now he’d have Jamo to contend with.

1 Like

Idc! She’s still a bro to me, bro!

image.jpeg

I’m kidding…

1 Like

Luckily, that is not a good likeness. I appreciate you boys for putting up with me ; )

3 Likes

download (3)

DJ Chark has not played for a team without a Big Cat as the mascot since High School. Kind of weird.

2 Likes