Chark visiting Carolina tommorow

It all depends what his final value is. Going into FA I said I expected the WR market to be colder than most. Everyone thought since there wasn’t a lot of big names out there that guys would get overpaid and I have yet to see that. I personally thought Chark would get 12-13mil AAV. Seeing what Lazard and Meyers got, I think that number is right around 10mil AAV.

I would sign Chark to a 3 year 30mil deal and run. That is very good #3 money at this point. High end #2’s are starting to push for 20mil (see Mike Williams last year). Russell Gage got 10mil AAV.

Frontload the guarantees on Chark’s deal that way if he flops we can get out easily by year 3.

3 years, 30mil with a 10mil signing bonus. (add 1 void year)

Year 1 2mil base salary fully guaranteed, year 1 cap hit 4.5mil.

Year 2 8mil base salary, 3mil fully guaranteed, year 2 cap hit 10.5mil

Year 3 10mil base salary, no guarantees, year 3 cap hit 12.5mil

Year 4 void year, 2.5mil in dead money

We free up 7.5mil in 2025 by releasing him.

1 Like

IMO, yes. That was the belief of many when the contract was first announced.

3 Likes

I stand corrected.

Lazard is an outlier,if he isn’t playing with AR it’s a massive over spend.

Brady was much different than any other QB.

Mahomes contract was billed as a $45M contract, but he was only getting $40M over the first 5yrs of the deal. He also signed two years early (many do, Burrow/Hurts/Herbert, would be signing two years early too if they sign this year).

I think he gave a discount, but no where near what Brady gave.

1 Like

Well Mahomes is married to a loud mouth basic B, not a multi millionaire super model… So that weighs on the household income lol

With the Romeo restructure (more of a pay cut than I thought), I’m going to put 50/50 on Chark returning.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.