Charlie Campbell 2023 NFL Mock Draft on WalterFootball.com

immediate impact on the field…. vs… position value in the future.

Los Angeles Rams Reaction GIF by Gatorade

5 Likes

I’d be totally good with him at 15. I’m not sure he lasts that long though. And if he runs a 4.45 I’d even be ok taking him earlier. Imagine adding Ladanian Tomlinson to this offense

4 Likes

That’s the problem. Like real estate, it’s location, location, location

4 Likes

Granted we have more talent but this is like

Giants taking Saquon level bad

seriously, this D needs help, Bijan is perfect for this offense, but RB is a luxury in the current NFL, and there are alot of good RB’s in this draft tbh

taking him 4 is one of the biggest reaches imo, yes RB is a need but not like this lol

3 Likes

He’s the best prospect since Saquon but lemme ask you this… given what you know about the way Saquon’s career has played out, would you take him at 4 or 15 in this draft? Or if you want sub McCaffrey in for Saquon. Would you be OK if Bijan’s career went the same way?

That’s one of the biggest problems with running backs, they almost always get hurt.Go back and look at all the highly-drafted RBs this decade, virtually all of them look like bad picks. Even the ones that sorta worked out. I know a lot of Cowboys fans and without fail they wish they’d taken Ramsey over Zeke.

9 Likes

Especially if Houston continues to progress and Jalen Carter was drafted. Also, not knowing the future of Swift and Williams make it a position of need; however, the need happens to be a talented player.

1 Like

I can see the Rams winning more games. Let’s say they beat Green Bay, Denver and Seattle…

And the Lions claw their way to a WC game. Our picks will be around 10 and 20something

No way the Rams beat the Packers in Green Bay on Monday Night Football with a healthy Aaron Rodgers. No way.

Denver, sure, if Russell Wilson isn’t out of the concussion protocol by then.

Seattle is fighting for a playoff spot and at home for that one. Doubtful.

You’re most likely correct. But I also didn’t expect the late win against a Raiders team that was rolling. I could see them rallying around Mayfield and picking up another couple

My mocks always end up being similar. Last one ended up being

4 Jalen Carter DT
15 Christian Gonzalez CB
46 Andre Carter III Edge
60 Cooper Beebe OG
78 Sean Tucker RB
146 Jaren Hall QB
166 Luke Musgrave TE
178 Jay Ward S/Nickel

4 Likes

Depends on the player, I don’t think the vikes are sorry they drafted Adrian Peterson, there is exceptions to every rule. And things are different now your Superbowl window is about 4 years , teams trade top picks all the time for that one player that puts them over the top. Robinson is a special talent and our team fits his talent well. Our line would make him even more special. The difference is some think and that’s I’m sure, that you have to get a player that high that can be a 10 year player, Robinson isn’t that but he fits in our 4 year window and he is a player that could turn our offense in to something special. And improve our superbowl chances the next 4 years or more.

6 Likes

Yeah, I think you’re right on all of that. I think he’s a great fit and would be a great addition to the team. I’m a big fan of not paying second contracts to RBs for the same reason I don’t like taking them high in the draft, so in my mind, we need a replacement for Swift soon. Robinson could be that guy.

Drafting is always a risk. You don’t know how any pick is going to turn out. But, there is one thing you do know…eventually a RB will get injured and miss time. That’s really the only downfall about drafting one so high or investing any amount of significant money. I won’t argue one the rest of your points because I think you’re right. He fits and he’s a very good talent.

I just don’t know if I could convince myself to grab a RB at #15, let alone #4. I’m hoping like hell someone like Jahmyr Gibbs is there with our 2a pick because we blow those picks anyways no matter who we draft!

6 Likes

I think it just comes down to team impact. I remember the draft where we took Barry with crystal clarity. There was a lot of debate, even then, whether he was the right choice or even the best running back in his class.

A lot of people felt Tim Worely was the better back. More conventional, bigger program, etc. Fortunately, Wayne Fontes wanted Barry.

If we do end up taking Robinson, I’ll be fine with it. The coaches and front office have to live with the choice and the controversy its sure to ignite. They know that. If they pick him knowing that, I expect we can see big things. If we don’t, that’s fine too. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Peterson is probably the last highly-drafted RB to truly work out, so you have to go all the way back to 2007 to find an example of it being a good idea. And even he missed two entire seasons with injury.

Before that you have to go back to Tomlinson in 2001.

So that’s two times this century a highly-drafted RB has worked out, and none in the past 15 years. That’s not the sort of odds you want to be throwing resources into.

4 Likes

This run is sick. Shows, vision, patience, great lateral movement and some brute force at the end. Also the ref screwing him out of the TD there already makes him a perfect fit

3 Likes

My uncle said smoking crack is pretty cool.

1 Like

crack-crack-is-whack

1 Like

the lions just aren’t the lions without a great running back

1 Like

Depends on what you call working out. Barry was special , Peterson was special ,your stuck in trends, Robinson is special even you have him rated the 4th best player. You love Carter and he lacks production. You draft Robinson your not looking for that ten year player. Your looking at a guy that can help now. I’ll bet you Robinson has a bigger impact on his team then Carter especially the 1st 2 years.

Also Holmes moved up to #12 for a WR with knee injury why because Jamo is a special talent. You don’t see many WR with a torn ACL getting draft top 12. He also was part of Gurley if he thinks Robinson is special you know he is not afraid and Holmes likes special players. He also built a really strong Oline one might say it’s special and Robinson would be drafting to the strength of your team.

6 Likes