Chris Olave or Garrett Wilson

They had assurances that anyone who could get on the field added more of a contribution than a guy watching Aaron Rodgers play QB and taking notes on his clipboard. So far it looks like the Packers made a mistake.

1 Like

Love is gonna have to be more than a pro bowler.

Rodgers says he wants to play into his 40s… and he certainly looks physically capable of it.

That means Love will possibly… err… probably… end his rookie contract while Rodgers is still a top 5 QB in the NFL.

It made no sense to draft a replacement QB for a hall of famer that doesn’t need to be replaced.

1 Like

What part of “Rodgers isn’t coming back to the Packers next season” did you forget?

Love will play a lot very soon.

I likely agree bc I think Jordan Love is terrible. I also however believe I’m not really qualified to make that decision about Love so soon.

Yeah but Rodgers is a drama queen and has played this I’ll never play for the Packers thing before. And yet here he is playing for the Packers. Not to mention, isn’t his biggest beef with the team that they drafted Love to replace him? So like if they hadn’t done that, he might not be as butthurt.

Did you forget that Rodgers never expressed any desire to leave Green Bay prior to the drafting of Jordan Love?

Face Palm GIF by Captain Obvious

Because he totally didn’t do multiple interviews including one with Scott Van Pelt where he said that the issue had nothing to do with Jordan Love.

Disagree. Let’s say Love is Derek Carr. If so they still made the right pick. Even a QB of that caliber keeps GB in the hunt in the North due to all of the club’s advantages. I think they whiffed but a hit on Love almost certainly adds more value throughout his career than a high end WR.

You believed him???

Bugs Bunny Wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

1 Like

Honestly, neither. I watched Olave get shut out in the Championship game vs Bama. Most of OSU players are vastly overrated imo; however, some are dominate in NFL but I don’t think Olave will be.

Treylon Burks is that dude tho!!!

True, that scenario keeps them good. But having jefferson could have put them over the top…last year, this year. I think they blew it big time…but I loved the pick!

1 Like

I had no clue that Jefferson would be this good. I’d guess that he caught a lot of team’s but surprise. Certainly the Eagles. Boy did they whiff there.

1 Like

Wilson but I doubt he’s there at wherever the Rams pick lands.
Williams is my favourite of the draft. He has all the elite tools and would have likely been considered a top 10 lock had he been more proven but he also likely gets taken before the Rams pick.

It’s a deep receiver draft, no real superstars (although I think Williams has that potential, maybe Wilson) so the Lions should get a good one either way.

Personally, I think Jordan Love was a terrible terrible draft pick. It doesn’t even matter if he becomes good or not. They got cute and tried to re-do the Aaron Rodgers pick. You have Aaron Rodgers who needs some help. Go get him help and win a championship

2 Likes

Also, why are you guys drafting based on who is the best fit for Goff unless there’s still people out there who still think that Goff is the guy long term.

That wasn’t the only way to get a #2 WR. They could’ve signed one. They could’ve drafted Samuel, Brown or Metcalf as opposed to Darnell Savage the year prior.

I just think there is an organizational philosophy at play that you don’t agree with. I think it’ll end up being a terrible pick bc Jordan Love will bust not bc of his position.

Yes, I do disagree with the philosophy. But mostly out of my feeling that Jordan Love was not the sort of prospect to do that with.

I mean Tee Higgins with Adams would have been a monster combo. Or Claypool. I understand they rely on Rodgers to get the most out of his WRs, but push that strength would be my play if you have the luxury of drafting a QB there.

I think it’s really terrible process, in today’s NFL, to draft a QB high with the intention of sitting him. You don’t benefit from his cheap rookie contract that way. Teams that are already good like KC and maybe SF can get away with it and still get a few years out of those rookie contracts cause they can hit the ground running once they do get plugged in, but it’s still bad process.

What if it was Herbert or Burrow who slid that far? I do understand your logic but if you can lock up 15 additional years of high end QB play it’s worth considering.

Also worth noting that at the time Rodgers was coming off his worst QBR and second worst QB rating season.

FWIW…Geronimo Allison played the 2nd most snaps of Packers WRs that year… and Rodgers still had 26 TDs to 4 INTs in the 1st season of a new offense.