Chris Spielman amazing interview!

12 Likes

This is the best interview I have herd in a long time by someone inside the organization.

3 Likes

Good stuff!

1 Like

Office linebackers Dorsey and Spielman are very underrated behind the scenes.

Loved the part about “working on your craft”, Hey, you’re not Michaelangelo, you’re a football player".

“But, daddy, I’m 8.”

4 Likes

Im almost through it. Absolutely worth watching.

1 Like

I loved the honesty that most players are insecure …

2 Likes

Having the players spend 6 weeks in ota’s and then go straight to camp is unreasonable, but, I like where his head is.
Every other week is a workable compromise that allows them time to enjoy the summer with their families, and, gives them less time to forget what they’ve learned.
$.02

1 Like

“I respect them to much to not honor them with the truth”.

3 Likes

I think the biggest thing he said regarding MCDC was this:

“Here’s what you need. You need a leader, a guy who will have the culture that you want and who is not afraid of coaches who might be deemed a threat to him”

A team of rivals. IFYKYK.

5 Likes

I think Spielman revealed the meaning of BH’s Villain . . . when talking about Gibbs around 38 minute mark, he said Gibbs was a villain because he was a matchup nightmare for other teams.

1 Like

IMO, people have yet to see his ceiling. I really think almost everyone is underrating Gibby…that guy is DANGEROUS! I really belive that even most Gibby-lovers are still underrating Gibby…unknowingly, of course.

I think Gibby could be the best weapon in the league. Jamoss will lead the NFL in yards/touch because of what Gibby/Ra/LaPorta are bringing too.

1 Like

Mental toughness, “Throwing paper balls at your private part and don’t flinch”

That’s toughness!!!

2 Likes

It worth listening to the whole thing. Spielman can’t lie if his life dependent on it.
He gave a lot of insights on the Lions organizations and how things are working.

Funniest part about his wife telling him after Dan was hired, “you hired yourself”.

4 Likes

Dorsey I can understand but there’s no reason for Spielman to be underrated, he spearheaded the entire search for Holmes/Campbell and is the head of this incredible culture change. Sheila is the boss who provides the resources and had the wherewithall to leave the search up to Spielman but Spielman is a big reason for this culture shift/facelift.

2 Likes

I just love how much they LOVE the organization and want this particular job.

Dan Campbell NEVER gets to leave.

EVER!!!

3 Likes

Oh for sure. I just love to hype up office linebackers. People forget Dorsey played linebacker in nfl for several years too. Add in Office Defensive tackle Ray Agnew. Our front office will maul any other front office :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ll take the welts on my forearm over a tape ball thrown at my nuts.

2 Likes