Chris Spielman says

Millen showed how difficult it is to actually be a decision maker in the NFL. The dude is wicked smart and knows football. That doesn’t mean he made a good manager of a NFL Franchise. So consider that the next time you think just because you watch football and have figured out the top 100 draft picks you would be a better GM then professionals.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I just don’t take any real stock from a booth guy when it comes down it.

This looks like Spiels covering his ass, to be honest. He just got done blaming Patricia for the horrid defense. People called out Paul P, and Spielman basically said this is all Patricia and he is calling the plays, so if you want to fire someone over the defense, you fire Patricia. Now, Spiels is back tracking and saying nice things about his former team to put out the bridge he started on fire. Just my opinion.

1 Like

You won’t be able to bust his delusion that he and Chris Spielman are the same.

He is incapable of admitting somebody might know more about something than he does

1 Like

its my fatal flaw. lol.

1 Like

Or a former Lion is just saying nice things about his former team, because he recently called them out.

I will say, I hope he’s right. He thinks these 2 guys (who have looked worse the longer they have been here) will take this team to a place they’ve never been? He’s really going out on a limb here and I just don’t see what he sees that would add up to that. Or is he just saying they will not be a complete disaster?

He does speak in vague terms though, so he’s covered on both sides. What exactly does “it will come together” mean? Superbowl, or 8-8?

4 Likes

Chris Spielman is a legend and its usually gives great insight into his view of football. He’s very good at explaining his viewpoint and opinion.

But on this topic all he says it’s his opinion and gives no reason why.

He’s a great dude and responded to all my questions on twitter except one.

I asked him why Frank Reich and Mike Vrabel can have so much more success than Patricia when they inherited similar situations.

2 Likes

— if he has insider info, he is not giving it to fan out of loyalty… so those expecting mire need to expect disappointment…

— I also don’t see MP canning the DC during the season. I am leaning towards the idea imho that he retires or moves in after this season is done.

1 Like

That would also be the same amount of experience as 49ers GM John Lynch that certain posters are fawning over this year. Just saying. It doesn’t mean that Spielman does know what he’s talking about but the fact he has no GM experience does not mean the opposite

1 Like

Making a comment like this makes it LOOK like you are letting your distaste for Quinn and MP to distort all reason and argue for the sake of arguing. IF you truly believe this statement then it pretty much invalidates anything else you say on this board because you clearly have a warped reality of what average fans (including you and me) know.

3 Likes

Some folks on the Ticket are floating the idea of Chris Spielman as GM; Mike McCarthy as coach.

While Millen has soured me on such things, I’d just point out two relevant names: Rick Spielman and John Lynch.

4 Likes

Just making sure you’re … you are Chris not Rick right?

Kyle is doing a heck of a job coaching the shit sandwich Lynch handed him.:rofl:

1 Like

I don’t necessarily agree with Spielman’s opinion particularly Patricia being the right guy but I certainly respect it. He’s one of the few commentators who will call a spade a spade with as little bias as possible.

I sure hope he’s right and I suspect both will be given at least one more year to get it turned around.

2 Likes

And there’s plenty around here

2 Likes

You are the bullshit KING of this board
Congratulations
You’ve earned it

5 Likes

What he said…I tend to scroll rapidly past btp posts. Same old blow it up once again…

2 Likes

I loved this tweet by M.O. Responding to people saying that Steelman was just spouting the company line…

5 Likes

I just had it on for a minute. They were discussing this very thread and Valenti said “of course Speilman is toeing the company line. Hes an employee of the freaking Lions. Anyone who bad mouths them, gets canned”. Found it humorous, even though I’m not a fan of Valenti. It’s true though. A former player and employee isnt going to give you the truth. He will pump sunshine most of the time.

See Mike O’Hara’s response to that above LOL

I would definitely pay big bucks to see Chris and Valenti in a cage with a locked door

1 Like

It would be over quick Jaded…over/under 5 seconds…I am taking the under.

1 Like