Christian Gonzales impresses

But it’s also why I never thought he was in play at 6 and might fall to 18.

I agree with you that his physical limitations should already be baked into the evaluation. Which is why I never even considered him at 6.

I don’t want a CB that will get his licks in and not be afraid to tackle, I want a CB that prevents the catch in the 1st place.

4 Likes

Exactly! Some guys will test great but aren’t great football players.

Gonzales was definitely more fluid that Okudah i.e. running 40 and on field drills

1 Like

If we take a CB round 1 I think it is between those two.

I personally like the way Spoon plays more than Gonzo. But I can see the argument for Gonzo over him. Athletic ability is so important at the CB position it’s hard not to take the guy who has the most athletic.

2 Likes

How do these guys stack up against Okudah athletically?

There some really fast corners in this class and speed is so important at CB.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we took one of these fast guys in round two and make them a project like the Lions did with Slay back in the day.

2 Likes

I’m cool with it if they do, but they better go sign a starter in FA if that’s the draft plan lol

1 Like

6 Likes

Feels like the longer this plays out, the more Gonzalez will be the only CB considered for a top 10 spot. Witherspoon, Porter, and Banks falling towards the teens/20s.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Damn I think Gonzo is a better prospect than Jefe was

3 Likes

1 Like

Man that’s a great 10-yard-split for Porter. Didn’t notice that before.

2 Likes

Now I wanna see Sauces lol

Holy jumpin’, AR’s deep throws are as pretty as any thrown today.

1 Like

His deep throwing is already excellent as I’ve said a number of times. He struggles with the bunnies.

1 Like

The Richardson question is a pretty straightforward one.

Do you think you can fix his footwork to where he can make the easy play routinely? If so, you have to take him bc he does that and he may be on a Canton trajectory.

1 Like

I suppose the folks here that had Stroud atop their QB list are pretty happy with how he’s looked this weekend.

1 Like