Cigar Smoking in Denver

Right now it looks like I’ll be there Monday the 16th, the location would be “Cigars on 6th”. Wolfhound you had mentioned something about being in as did someone else and it escapes me right now. Anyone in the area, it’s a laid back joint, $15 will get you a nice cigar and you can bring in your own drink in a travel mug. I have some Pampero Aniversario Rum that I’ll be drinking, enough for 2 or 3 cocktails is what I usually premix before I go but I’ll be walking. No timetable, I can make it early or later depending on schedules for anyone that wants to come.

1 Like

An 8-5-8 maduro and a bit (or more than a bit) of some Taylor ruby port sure sounds good right now.

Maybe a trip to Beau Jo’s before heading to the cigar bar.

I’m not there, nor am I going anytime soon, but I must be getting a little hungry and just sort of teleported back in time about 20 years.

2 Likes

I have Oliva Masters Blend 3 at home, when I’m there I usually land on a Rocky Patel variety. BTW, for anyone going I will be wearing a Black Rocky Patel hat that is tastefully adorned with white hair.

1 Like

I stay away from downtown Denver, but if you take the light rail or drive a car south, I will buy you a drink. I dont smoke cigars.

There’s a Cabella’s south of there that I go to now and then. We don’t have to smoke cigars, if you don’t like those places they tend to be pretty gross so if there’s a cocktail lounge that is a better fit I can maybe make that work. I’m a two drink type of guy when I’m driving, something close to 25 is fine.

OK, flight is booked and fishing confirmed. Haven’t heard back from anyone on cigars but not sure on wheels at the moment, I’ll know more as it gets closer. Those wascally walleye’s are in for trouble.

1 Like

Starting to dig Fat Bottom Betty robustos as an inexpensive alternative.

I have about 10 cubans left and my source dried up…trying to hold thrm for bigger celebrations

1 Like

I won’t be able to join up this time. My twin boys high school graduation is on the 18th and we’ll have family in town all of next week. Thanks for letting me know! It would be great to meet up.

On top of that My F 150 engine just took a major dump…and it only has 106K on it. Sum Bitch

I get my cigars thru Holts, I only buy when they are heavily discounted. My Oliva’s are only $5, normally $10 and worth it at $10. I wait for free shipping and over the years have also got a couple hats and ashtrays and lighters as well. When I’m in Cancun I buy Cuban Partagas because they are less likely to be knockoffs like the Cohiba’s. I don’t chase the Cubans anymore, but will buy one if it’s convenient.

1 Like

My 1994 XLT F150 is just about to hit 150,000 and runs like a champ. No rust, I’m the 2nd owner and out side of it not having a bigger cab I love it. Drove it out to Colorado and Wyoming last year but at 15 mpg he’s staying pretty close to home these days. When that engine craps out I’m putting a 351 Cleveland in it. Happy graduation!

Thanks Jack! It should be fun. My boy’s are special needs, one is wheelchair bound. We have folks that have been a part of their lives through this whole journey coming. It looks like we have one, possibly two of their NICU nurses coming as well. I look forward to seeing them all. We’ve met some amazing folks!

Yeah mine is a 2014 Platinum and was the first new vehicle I ever bought for myself. It has the eco boost 3.5L. The timing chain, VCT solenoids and cam phasers are the expensive issue and will only get worse without fixing…and apparently there’s an oil leak there as well. The coils also went kaput and I have two cylinders misfiring. I’m ticked but not a yeller…just internalizing like no ones business.

I’ve done some calling around and some shops won’t touch it because of parts and how labor intensive it is to fix.

I was just getting ready to take the boys out on some trails with our RZR, but that’s been shelved until I can get this sorted out. I had just scouted out some trails by Blackhawk and Central City last Friday.

Just gotta deal and move forward.

1 Like

MANY years ago I was in Blackhawk at a saloon/bar and everyone was outside watching this crazy SOB driving in and out of town with a fire engine and the sirens blasting. People were riding along hanging off it and drinking and whooping it up. Pretty soon I noticed a sheriff standing next to me and watching and I said, “Just wondering, not that I care but how does one get a pass for driving around drunk with a fire engine?”. Without looking at me, just starring straight ahead he said, “You got to have the only fire engine for over 50 miles.”

2 Likes

LOL!

Yeah there are some crazy SOBs in dem dar hills. Your story made me think of the guy up in Granby that turned his bulldozer into an armored vehicle, which he drove through and over parts of the town.

He had issues

1 Like

Yep, that’s real hillbilly shit right there. I haven’t been in Granby since my kids were pretty young, took Trail Ridge from Rocky Mountain National Park and just drove through on the way to Breckenridge. One of my favorite drives.

1 Like

I would like a good stogie. Brand doesn’t really matter to me as long as it’s mild. Me and my wife went to Punta Cana a few years ago and smoked Cubans (people not cigars) right on the beach. Fun times.

2 Likes

How about either one of these two? Both are close to I-25. In the Denver Tech Center.

Well, my daughter needs her vehicle today for work so I’m stuck here. Cigars on 6th is only a 4 block walk though, so I will be going there at 4:00pm. Then headed to this place across the street for dinner between 5 and 5:30pm. If you can make it let me know…

1 Like

Sounds good. I came down with a head cold and sore throat and I just woke up from a nap. I am out of commission for a few days.

Very good Finnegan, some other time.

Leaving Denver, will tentatively be back June 16th for several days. There’s a helluva storm hitting here shortly, lucky to be leaving now, 6 days on the road and I’m gonna make it home tonight.