Clarifying My Belief Regarding Patricia

As I have said in other threads… I expected us to play ugly in the first game in a season with no preseason to speak of. Despite the many bad things if Swift catches an easy pass we are 1-0

I would’ve been perfectly happy with an ugly win to start off this crazy season without any chance to complete before the first game

The lions need to get it done this year but we were simply a really bad choke job by Swift from pulling out the W

Did anybody really expect us to look like a well oiled machine going no camp and no preseason games?

I didn’t

1 Like

Not to mention it was his defense that let the Seahawks get to the goal line.

And, is there any doubt in anyone’s head that if they had just let Beast Mode run it, the Seahawks would have been Super Bowl Champs.

Patricia is a smart guy, but he’s at most an assistant coach. Quinn is a fool for hiring him. They both should be gone after this season.

Trubisky is 4-0 against the Lions. One of our losses was to Trubisky’s backup. :joy:

1 Like

Dammit, thanks…that makes it lots better💩 all the crap football blends together.

In 4 games against Patricia he has 12 touchdown passes and I believe 0 interceptions.

Stop it. I can’t take it anymore. Lol

1 Like

I’ll have to double check but I think he’s at 14 touchdowns and 1 interception right now.

1 Like

I just looked again, he does have 1 interception. So its 12 TDs and 1 INT vs Matt Patricia. Chase Daniel had 2 TDs and 0 interceptions against Patricia.

Yeah, 12-1. Unreal…

I’m not saying that we WILL go 0-16 in just saying it becomes possible. I think a loss to CHI makes a season meltdown far more likely and possible than a win would have. I just felt that the CHI game was a crucial statement game.

But let’s talk about those 5 games. We just lost to CHI at home. I think that was the second easiest game on our schedule. Which 5 games do you think we can realistically win?

I think it’s a race between the Lions and Jax for the #1 pick.

I actually don’t blame Quinn all THAT much for hiring him. NFL HC seems to be one of those jobs where it’s really hard to predict how someone will perform until they’re actually in that spot. And once he made the change, he’s married to him. It’s not like he’s going to get a shot with a third HC.

I do think the one thing that should be clear about prospective HCs at this point is that finding a great leader of men is by far the most important part of the equation. Belichick is a unicorn; in almost every other case, leadership beats Xs and Os hands-down.

1 Like

Wearing a shirt that has Goodell pictured as a clown doesn’t show leadership. It shows immaturity. I know it’s outside looking in so take this for what it’s worth; there wasn’t much evidence that showed Patricia was a leader of men the entire time he was in NE.

1 Like

That’s a bingo. There’s not going to be another Belichick. There’s not even going to be a “Belichick Mold” or style. He’s a one off.

Normally I don’t like retread head coaches, but that is what we need in here. Someone with experience running a working franchise.

That is quite unlikely IMO. Not even sure that we finish below CHI in the division. We sure looked like the better team. We’d have to stop the 4th quarter implosions of course.

1 Like

The Jags won yesterday. It’s funny. The Jags aren’t even trying to win this season and they are still better than the Lions.

3 Likes

Agreed, he wouldn’t have been the guy I would’ve bet on to succeed as a first-time HC. But I can at least see the reasoning behind it. This is a guy Quinn came up with, had known for decades, who he knew he’d be on the same page with, pulling in the same direction. Just was, unfortunately, not remotely up to the job of running the whole show.

1 Like

Gardner Minshew just makes plays.

Back the brinks truck up to hire Urban Meyer

1 Like

If it was a movie script I’d call it corny BS. 19 out of 20 and 3 TDs on opening day, for a guy that looks like a movie character?