Clarifying My Belief Regarding Patricia

You guys have been saying that for 2 years.

You must have me confused with someone else. I guess in your view point, if you don’t want to venerate Patricia and Quinn you are a hater. Having a realistic view of a really awful coach is not hate.
Realistic views on things are not allowed here in this message board. Unless you think every other player in the league sucks and unless you want to grovel at the great matt patricia and quinn’s feet, then you are a hater.
Got it.
It’s real easy to put me on ignore. I am going to do it for you…so have at it.

1 Like

It’s pretty rare to be down to CBs 4,5 and 6 by the third quarter of the first game. But It doesn’t matter. The team blew it. It is what it is. Moving forward. Maybe they come out in GB and make a statement

1 Like

And may that statement be, “New regime for Trevor Lawrence.”

1 Like

I just doubt we can suck badly enough to get to #1OA if Stafford is healthy. I’d happily support a tank for Lawrence strategy if they’d fully commit to it. But that would likely mean benching or trading Stafford

Fields might be a good consolation prize.

I love Fields. I think he goes 2 or 3 though. I’m not familiar with Lance though. If he’s as good as some say you might need to get into the top five to get one of them.

I’m just quite doubtful that we’re that bad. This is a 6 to 9 win team with Stafford healthy IMO.

Plus your only coverage linebacker…

1 Like

Correct. And a potential pass rush piece at times.

1 Like

I actually think this roster is better than some give it credit for. Still need more superstars but I think there are quite a few decent pros on it. I just think our coaching is lousy as can be.

1 Like

I don’t - the team has gotten worse each year under MP.

My concern is that if they keep losing they will lose the team. If that happens then 0-16 becomes possible.

That’s pretty much how I feel. I think we have above average talent but we lack top shelf talent. Add in poor coaching and multiple injuries and suddenly you have below average talent and bad coaching. This equals 3 or less wins.

I had actually wanted patricia a year earlier when we hired quinn, I was excited in how he said he designed a defense to be completely different every week based on the team we would be playing.

I have seen none of that here. I’ll cut slack the first year because I’m sure it’d be complicated and we didn’t have the type of players at that time. Maybe 1/2 of that defense needed to be replaced.

but in year 3, I’m watching the dline get shoved backwards, linebackers out of position and dbs that can make the occasional play. I’ll cut some slack today because the dbs were banged up, but you know what helps the coverage? pressure. you can disguise ‘less than’ cover players with quick pressure.
trubisky won’t have another day like this all year. we are the team that creates pro bowl qbs.

I’m ready to move on. sad thing is I’m not sure who would want to come here and what would be accomplished. you need ANOTHER overhaul. ANOTHER 3-5 years of rebuild to get over the .500 mark.

it’s ridiculous and a lot of fans just don’t have that kind of time any more.

Trubisky may very welll have another game like today…when he plays the Lions again. He’s 5-0 against Patricias teams so far…thats fireable right there

2 Likes

What is crazy is we play Rodgers well overall and Mitch awful. That makes ZERO sense. None. In 2019 Rodgers had a 72 rating and a 90 rating against us. Mitch? 118 and 131 ratings,. That makes ZERO sense. How in the hell does that happen?

Rodgers last 3 games last year he averaged a 72.8 QBR, pretty much what his QBR was against us.

Coaching and scheme approach.

We’re not going 0-16 if Stafford is healthy. That’s lunacy. We’ll win 5 games at least if he’s healthy all year. A top 7 pick is very possible. #1OA seems unlikely.

It would be the best possible outcome for this franchise long term though

Detroit seems to have GBs number, and by that I surely don’t mean winning every time. I mean, when was the last time GB really blew us out despite superior coaching and talent?

This team always gives GB their best.

I’ve officially made up my mind about Patricia and it all came down to one statement he made today. When asked “Is there something in your coaching that maybe isn’t happening for you to close out games?” his response was “Yeah, I don’t think so Mike, I think I’ve got one of the biggest plays in the 4th quarter in the history of the NFL where I think I did a pretty good job. So, I don’t think it’s that”

Really? You entitled fat fuck… you made a play call and a player made a great read and play on the ball and you’re going to take credit for that AND use it as justification that you’re not at fault for any future coaching decisions? GTFOH… DONE!!