Clickbait headlines are getting out of control

4 Likes

Theres so many it’s ridiculous! That being said i click like 90% of the time :rofl:.

7 Likes
1 Like

I’m the opposite. I hardly click into anything anymore assuming that it’s click bait. Even the link in this OP. Yet I see that 8 folks did click into it. Why? Why does NBC Sports deserve my click. Does Nate gain any recognition from us clicking out of his site and into some other site?

3 Likes

Leave it to Florio to write a clickbait article about clickbait. If I had to guess who it was, that would have been my guess.

3 Likes

Society should organise to save each other clicks. One thing I like about Reddit is that in a lot of cases the top comment is someone providing a TLDR to save people from clicking.

These sites are farming your data and forcing adverts in front of your eyeballs, if you’re sharing a link without a summary you’re just feeding your fellow users into the machine. Very often, if the article has an interesting point, it can be surmised in a sentence, and if it doesn’t then it’s not worth sharing.

Mine was a misclick lol. I was trying to click the topic and I accidentally clicked the link.

Anyway yes I would rather debunk them on this thread where one person says it’s trash or good and then everyone else can click accordingly.

Moreso lately I think there is no accordingly. There is minimal factual news being put out until TC really gets going anyway.

IMO, @Nate , the mods, or this AI-thing should totally eliminate ANY click-bait/misleading threads.

I guess I don’t understand the outrage. If you don’t want to read the article then don’t click it. Life is full of choices but I refuse to get worked up over things that don’t deserve my anger. Sports itself is click bait. None of this matters.

6 Likes

Could it really be that simple?

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

1 Like

That’s when you know it’s slow!

1 Like

well I’m one of them old-fashioned fellers that has to click on a thread and begin reading what a thread is about before I can determine that it’s bunk .

Well said.

No Problem Whatever GIF by The Good Films

3 Likes

Yknow, there’s this one weird trick to keep safe from clickbait…

3 Likes

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

I guess I like it better than the Lions being so insignificant that even our draft picks happen during commercials because nobody cared that there was a football team in Detroit.

3 Likes

Blindfolds and condoms for the win :wink: safety first

2 Likes

4 Likes

The one thing I love about the Den is I can never predict how and to where the comments can pivot. Like, I never could’ve imagined a clickbait topic about clickbait evolving (or devolving depending on your POV) into a picture of hugging condoms. Just how? Twenty years ago if you would’ve told me that I would’ve put you in rehab.

3 Likes

Where do you think @socko and I met… duh. :joy:

3 Likes