Clickbait headlines are getting out of control

I remember that rehab. That blue medication wasn’t too bad.

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Stephen Boyd and I have a problem

4 Likes

I see these commercials for like Passages Malibu and it makes me want to start an addiction just for the treatment.

2 Likes

Like Mel Gibson, you deserve to be blown, too.

1 Like

Lol… but seriously I rarely have more than 15 beer these days… really been cutting down :joy:

1 Like

I disagree they can word it anyway they want . I don’t click many now its the quiet NFL time an these are not worth readying or watching . I really get ticked off when i do click an its BS . Now very seldom click. Not up to Nate or mods to select what is click bait unless its against the den rules. Fans just need to decide for themselves. Just My Opinion.

1 Like

1 Like

THIS……over and over again!

1 Like

The “clickbait” outrage is towards articles that sound like something you want to read but is not about what you clicked on. The example Florio gave was “Steelers intentionally cut Super Bowl winning QB!!!” Then it was an article about a career backup QB nobody has heard of that the Steelers cut back in 2022. The “Super Bowl winning QB” is because he has been on the Chiefs practice squad for the past 2 seasons. He has only been active for 1 game in his career, and he didn’t play.

It gets worse every year. Now they have clickbait articles that don’t even try to find the thinnest thread to the truth. Youtube headlines are getting the same way. And for some reason social media sources are allowing fake quotes from people who are attributed to them but not qualified as spoof.

Sensationalism has been around since man was arranging his poo into letters of the first alphabet. Think of the people that you trust online or at least prefer to listen to. Do they frequently offer you Clickbait? My guess is that they don’t. And that’s why you return to those channels and outlets. Their headlines match up with what they’re going to talk about. As you poke around, you’ll find out pretty quickly the sites that are Clickbait and you just ugnore them ASAP, because you know it as being bullshit, or you block them. It sucks but welcome to the 21st century.

“Getting car jacked sucks but its a normal way of life. Just don’t go down that street anymore. Its weird that people actually take the time to complain about it.”

I don’t know… that line of thinking seems to be working for San Francisco. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I only get mad when shit like the game in Dallas happens.

1 Like

Would you go down that street again?

English teachers must really hate Clickbait titles on Essays from students these days… who am I kidding. Kids don’t write essays anymore…Chat GPT writes the essays for them.

1 Like

Hard to disagree with you. I stopped letting shit get under my skin years ago when I actually started traveling doing sporting events….especially college football. It’s why no matter what is said about Notre Dame I don’t even bother with it. I just could not allow a team I root for or sports in general consume my life and my emotions that way :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I know it was the style of your day but I’m not going to wear an onion on my belt because of click-bait.

1 Like

Click bait is like reading a headline that says…“Lion’s trade Hendon Hooker”. And then when/if you click into the article the first line reads…in my block buster trade proposal.

The problem with those insinuating that we should just not click on it is that it’s entirely feasible that the Lions (or Holmes) just might do something like that. So you automatically think, oh crap…what did they get in return and who the heck did they trade him to. Of course we’re going to tend to want to click on the link.

That’s why it would be nice if those posting links would give a brief synopsis of what the content is. But it seems like there’s some type of competition to see who can get the most clicks out of a link or something going on lately.

I asked a question earlier asking if Nate gets some type of credit for us accessing someone else’s website via his website. If so, then sure, prompt us to click away. But if there is no benefit for Nate then why the hell are folks so interested in us clicking out of The DEN into someone else’s website? Seriously @Nate, do you get credit for us clicking a link that’s been posted on your website?

Or “Major fast food chain declares for bankruptcy”… and then you click and it is some place you’ve never heard of that has 14 places across three states. MSN might be the worst at this.

joel coen lol GIF by Maudit

1 Like