Clickbait headlines are getting out of control

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

2 Likes

Well i only post links as support for what i wrote or to avoid potential “copyright” bs… so i suppose you can freely choose to click or not click on any link i post with that information.

Homer Simpson Life GIF

2 Likes

Have mercy, it’s slow.

Way too much work for the mods, who do a ton already, and that would be a formidable challenge for AI – but you might be able to have AI try to create a headline for itself, then match it with the current headline, and if its not even close to a match, it gets the tag.

Here’s another idea and it would use the Den resources instead of it falling on one person like @Nate . Create a “content” tag with fields like : misleading headline, content reveals nothing new, poorly composed article, etc. Also allow it to show a count so if three people click misleading headline, we could save the rest of the Den from reading the mierta. But of course, they still could read it if they’re in the mood for some good mierta that day.

Which is exactly how it should be done. I do the same thing.

That’s a whole lot different than creating a post, dropping a link, and then not spending 30 seconds or less to type (or copy/paste) a brief synopsis of what’s in the article.

Example:

Create a post, drop a link that says 'Hutchinson to miss practice". Of course knowing that everyone is going to be concerned that it’s because of an injury. When opening the link you see that it’s an excused absence so that he can attend his sister’s graduation, or something of that sort.

It would literally take less that 10 seconds to type out that “Hutchinson is not injured, he’s simply missing practice to attend his sister’s graduation. See link above.”