College game-day thread

First bet of the season with Boise St covering but lost the over by half a damn point !

How’d they know ?

2 Likes

Serious inquiry: If the Lions had their choice today of their WR room or Ohio State’s, which would they choose? I mean maybe you could say this a lot of years, but it really stands out this year. You could take Olave and Garrett Wilson out of the pile, and they might still take Ohio State’s WRs considering we are rebuilding with youth. They are loaded.

OSU.

1 Like

So crazy. They have some QBs too. I was wondering in the beginning if they might rotate Stroud out when he was struggling.

I don’t know if it’s even close, the Ohio State room has an XBOX, GameCube, a pizza oven, an aromatherapy machine and 3 of those huge ass beanbags.

3 Likes

Yeah, I honestly don’t think the Lions are the only NFL team that would make that trade.

1 Like

Olave - best WR in CFB

Wilson - 2nd best WR in CFB

So let’s just not count those guys…

I’d take Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Julian Fleming, Emeka Egbuka, Jaylen Ballard, Marvin Harrison Jr, and Gee Scott over our WRs.

Ohio State’s defense really underachieves though. I know they have a weird LB issue, but year after year they don’t live up to their talent. Reminds of Michigan to a lesser degree. Michigan has talent. They continually develop NFL talent, but they can’t put it all together. Mostly, IMO because they can’t find a QB.

I’m keeping an eye out for UCF’s DE “Big Kat” Bryant. The kids a beast tonight.

That was a strange non-call on the targeting but I would expect nothing less when it comes to college football.

There were some huge hits last night. Targeting or not, loved the hard hits.

Did you see the WR acting and pretending to be knocked out to get the flag!?

That’s the best “acting knocked out” anyone’s ever done. The way he hit the ground face first as if he was out already really sold me, especially when he gets up with turf on his face.
I don’t know if it was targeting but there was helmet to helmet and he got rocked.

2 Likes

Michigan has more going on than they just can’t find a QB.
Is it me or does the UofM have more players transferring away than other teams?..maybe it’s because we hear about Michigan’s transfers and not the other school’s though.
We get great recruits and then we miss-manage them, like Charbonnet and McCaffrey leaving.
Maybe we’re not developing them, idk.

This, or the fact that Harbaugh is a complete twat.

1 Like

It all goes back to Harbaugh, right?!?! I mean, it has to.
Don Brown was a great DC at Boston College, he comes here and after a few years he sucks.
Riding Shea Patterson when he clearly wasn’t progressing as a QB, so other QB’s leave.
Not getting guys like Charbonnet enough carries so he leaves.
These guys are 4-5 star recruits that aren’t getting better…or maybe it’s our system, idk. Something isn’t right in Ann Arbor, that’s for sure.

I mean, I get it. You can’t play everyone but geez, it doesn’t seem like Ohio State or Alabama players are leaving their programs and they get a lot more 5 star recruits than Michigan does.

1 Like

Yea the acting was pretty good. Except if your knocked out you can’t be motioning to the refs for flags to be thrown which is exactly what he was doing. lol

As far as targeting goes, sometimes it’s legit, but often times it’s just accidental IMO. These dudes are so fast and athletic and the plays happen so fast. When they go to slow motion it’s like oh that was targeting, but was it really at full speed!?

I almost feel bad for safeties and linebackers these days. Running backs and Tight ends can lower their head and smash you in the hole, but the defenders can’t do the same in return. It’s an offensive game, and the commish wants more points, I get it. But, it still doesn’t make it right.

Imagine Ronnie Lott or Bennie Blades in 2021 modern day NFL, they would struggle and be fined every week, ha ha

1 Like

Harblow is a bad combination of not being emotionally intelligent (numerous reports of just not being real warm around people) and more importantly not being real great at coaching up wins. He runs a tight ship and doesn’t cheat and he actually sticks to his mission statement of student ahlete-disciplined play- upstanding citizens being a Michigan Man which keeps him employed but yeah there is a reason Barry Switzer is in the college football HOF

1 Like

Something lost in the discussion, was a great performance…

Ibrahim is one of the best running backs in not only the B1G, but the entire country entering this year. In a little less than three quarters on Thursday, he had already racked up 163 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns on 30 carries.

1 Like

Blah, blah, blah…

…it was targeting. That’s by spirit of the rule and by the way they’ve enforced it over the years. But magically when OSU needed it to go away the refs obliged. College sports are funny how corrupt they are sometimes. Everything about that play has led to targeting 1,000 times already. They should be embarassed.

3 Likes

Not defending OH state, but a targeting call against them could be argued as why they didn’t make the championship game 2 years ago.
I get targeting, I’m ok with it. But less calls are always better for competition. More flags make me think refs are “controlling” the game. It’s the number 2 reason I stopped watching non-Lions nfl. Or that was my perception. I’m sure someone has some stats that says nfl has less calls or something.

1 Like