College game-day thread

That’s just reiterating that the refs make that call, and have done so a thousand times.

When we look back at the 2021 season, none of what you just said will be true. If the NCAA suddenly had a light bulb moment and we are going to see a notable difference in how that type of play is called…I’m all for it. But that’s not what happened last night. That’s BEEN a targeting call and that will BE a targeting call going forward. But for one magical play at the right moment…it wasn’t.

How bad is he hurt?

This didn’t look awful, looked like a hamstring maybe?

What if Michigan losses tomorrow?

Do they fire Jum?

Like, Michigan’s secondary getting completely torched by WMU quarterback Kaleb Eleby (194.8 passer rating last season) and weapons like Skyy Moore (25 catches, 388 yards) and Jaylen Hall (12 catches for 323 yards and seven scores).

The QB is good and they are returning a strong senior class on off…. And they are one of the better MaC teams imho…

Flashback to Appalachian….

Thought I’d settle in and check out this Sam Howell guy……………

………………………

………………………………waiting(?)

4 Likes

They haven’t said to my knowledge.

1 Like

Yep. I’m not saying that’s wrong. I was more defending the idea that college refs control the games, or corrupt them consistently. Maybe they do.
In my experience, it’s 10x worse in the NFL, and I found myself gravitated to the college game more cause of less calls overall.
TJ Lang says he played the game the same way in GB, but got called while in Detroit. Trey Flowers says he did the same move to the GB LT all game, but only got a flag on the most important drive.
Eh… I’m passionate about the Lions, so I notice it more I guess.

1 Like

So anybody watching tonight? I just had a chance to tune in but how has Sam Howell looked? Any other prospects in VTech and UNC to keep an eye on?

Was never a big fan of Howell and tonight confirmed my dislike of him although the talent level around him this year is far weaker… I just don’t see what the scouts see in him.

4 Likes

Yeah, same. I watched him last year when I was watching those two savages at RB do work, and I was curious how he’d look without them. I see nothing to this point that leads me to wanting either first spent on him next year. However, this Conley kid at LB is someone to keep an eye on.

2 Likes

You know there’s always a QB or two who was off everyone’s radar that sneaks up during the season. Still super early but it doesn’t look like he’s made a great first impression for this year

1 Like

See my above response. He’ll definitely have a chance right now to show what he’s got, but he’s been average at best thus far (imo).

1 Like

Well it’s 17-10 VT, let’s see how Howell does in crunch time

Conley number Zero. Nice play there.

Not piling on the man, but he overthrew a wide open TE on the sideline and then underthrew a WR deep up the middle. Maybe it’s just a bad game.

1 Like

That MF has been all over the place.

1 Like

Oh dude, pile on by all means! I have no dog in this race. I saw a decent throw in there but he got a BS pass interference too. Let’s see how he does now

1 Like

We are talking about a very specific play and you keep going off on tangents and theoreticals. They purposely chose to not make a call last night that they know was how they were supposed to call it. It was obvious and it was what it was. They’ve made that call a thousand times. Last night they didn’t miss the call. They caught it and knew what it was. But I’m going to guess the ref huddle had alot of “holy shit how do we get outta this” talk. LOL

1 Like

Sam Howel, ice in his veins

1 Like

The fact this is so obvious at both the college and nfl level is what really sucks. Cash talks and BS walks, it just sucks to know what should be an objective job and trustworthy is undermined all the time

Oh well