Colts benching Matt Ryan for Sam Ehlinger

but who would Love had sat behind for the next 2 years…

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 Like

2 Likes

I know lol

still prolly one of the worst picks i have seen in the past 5 years

but Indy could have taken him, instead they got Buckner

dont get me wrong, hes a fucking stud DT, but in retrospect, was prolly the best spot to take a developmental QB

They had Rivers for a year, Oline was still good, had solid receiving talent at the time

its quite retrospective to look back on it for sure

Alot of franchise QB acquisitions involve trades. One of the crazier ones was for Brett Favre. Imagine flipping the Bucs a 1st round pick for Kyle Trask right now. That’s essentially what the Packers did.

The Eagles sat back and took Hurts after Love. The Colts actually had the #2 pick in the 2nd round due to a previous trade they had made. So they had a shot at Hurts before the Eagles did.

1 Like

wooof

thats even worse lmao

1 Like

I have said previously that its funny how “media people” go out of their way to find player images where they are going against the Lions. Even when it doesn’t necessarily make sense, they do it anyways. Its like they say “I don’t want to spend a bunch of time on this and the Lions suck, so I will just go straight to the game against them and wrap this thing up.” :rofl:

Even the Colts media people did it!

Ouch.

Kudos to the Eagles but Hurts is an outlier. Very few 2nd round QBs pan out.

Ryan in the losses 1 TD 7 INTs

Plus a fumbling problem:

With 2 more since that article was published.

2 Likes

With Matt Ryan being benched. Goff will now go on to beat the record.

1 Like

fair but also

they had no plans for the future

you know Rivers was likely on his last year with the colts

you needed to get the Future secured

they didnt and look where they are now

Mediocrity

which you could argue is the worst place to be in the NFL

not good enough to contend

not bad enough to fully tank for the “guy”

stuck where you can get solid/good players no doubt, but not enough to move the needle

looks like he is wearing a life jacket under his uniform.

That has to be the thickest padding I have ever seen!

Oh I agree I think the Colts have botched it, just pointing out that drafting Hurts wouldn’t have really been addressing the issue since very few 2nd rounders hit. In hindsight, yeah, it probably would have worked.

which is why i said love was also there aswell tbh

a guy who had the talent but needed a year or two to develop behind the scenes

but again they traded their first

its funny how you look back at what was actually a really good trade for both sides and think “huh, that actually looks much worse now considering the state of the org”

In the last 10 years the 2nd round has a higher hit rate than the 1st round.

I hope we can agree that Love should have never been a 1st round pick, and we are glad the Packers made the move.

1 Like

exactly…. it hard to say the Eagles are geniuses for drafting Hurts in the 2nd round….

when they drafted Jalen Reagor in the 1st round ahead of him.

Happy Kenan Thompson GIF

It’s kinda funny because Wentz was known for fumbling and turning the ball over all the time, they replaced him with a new guy who turns it over even more. Can we trade them Goff!? He’d fit right in.

1 Like

What’s wrong with taking the 9th ranked wide receiver in the 1st round of the draft? :rofl:

Grade 2 shoulder separation part of the equation:

Yes, Reich has separated the team from being on Ryan’s shoulders.