Colts benching Matt Ryan for Sam Ehlinger

That can’t be right, can it? Aside from Hurts there’s Carr and… are we counting Geno now? I’d hardly call that a hit.

But in the first there’s Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, Watson, Kyler, and that’s without counting guys like Goff, Tua, Tannehill, and Danny Dimes who probably fit in the same category of hit as Carr, or Stafford, Rodgers and Ryan who fall outside the ten year window.

Maybe by percentage the 2nd round hits more? But that doesn’t take into account that very few teams actually choose QBs in the 2nd round. Usually they’re either pushed up into the 1st or guys the media likes better than the NFL (Lock, Geno, etc…)

Dalton was a second rounder

Jimmy G was a second Rounder, Osweiler (Lmao), Chad Henne, Brees and Favre were second rounders

(Alot of the 2000’s actually, there were no qb’s Taken, 2001-05 none were taken in the second round)

1 Like

actually

there was quite a bit of hits in the third round aswell

Tbh, i think you can actually hit your qb day 2 aswell, but they can take a bit lol

He sure sucked with the Jets… but gotta give the dude credit, he’s playing really well and the Hawks are in 1st place.

Didnt he have like

No WR’s during his Jets tenure

man was alone on that offense

1 Like

That’s a huge reason for many QB’s success or failure. Remember when Houston drafted Carr and had the worst O-line in history. The dude never had a chance.

1 Like

Also

Kaepernick was a second rounder as well

also that 2015 draft for qb’s is the most cursed thing ive ever seen holy fuck

2015 1 1 1 1 Jameis Winston Buccaneers Florida State
2 1 2 2 Marcus Mariota Titans Oregon
3 3 11 75 Garrett Grayson Saints Colorado State
4 3 25 89 Sean Mannion Rams Oregon State
5 4 4 103 Bryce Petty Jets Baylor
6 5 11 147 Brett Hundley Packers UCLA
7 7 33 250 Trevor Siemian Broncos Northwestern
1 Like

That’s what scares me so much about drafting QB’s…the bust rate is nuts.

tbf

from what i remember, the QB’s outside of Winston and Mariota was

garbage

similar to the draft earlier this year tbh

Winston i feel was put in a bad spot and couldnt fully devolop, man showed some amazing flashes

same thing with mariota, but with injuries, and hes actually playing well still tbh

Look at the 2021 draft… I aint sold on any of the 1st round QB. Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields… Mac Jones might be the best one and he was the 5th QB drafted.

1 Like

From what ive seen i can say that

i think on average 1 qb from the 1st round usually is a hit

if it isnt, its an outlier tbh

actually 2013 maybe more cursed than 2015

that class is a true outlier/no starter

Not in the past ten years.

Again, not in the past ten years. And Brees would have been a 1st rounder today (32nd overall)

yeah which

1st rounder hits more

also funnily enough

third rounder lmao

Yes, that’s why I said hit RATE. You said that Jalen Hurts should be disregarded because he was a 2nd rounder. I disagree. If a team decides to use a pick in the 2nd round on a QB, that pick has had a higher hit rate than the 1st round.

You brought up Carr. So let’s take a quick peek at what that draft looked like in the 1st vs 2nd round. The 2nd rounders were 2 for 2 on producing starters. The 1st round was 1 for 3.

I’d say it was 0 for 3 personally.

1 Like