Commanders trying to hire Sosna from the Lions

https://x.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1792276606074958093

Ok Mike, bust out the check book. This guy is worth keeping.

You mean Rod or Sheila??

done deal. :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::triumph:

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-to-hire-lions-executive-brandon-sosna-for-high-ranking-front-office-role

1 Like

Do we get a comp pick in return?

3 Likes

Naw

He’s a pale face.

7 Likes

We are going to consistently lose talent in the front office if we continue to win. It’s just the way the NFL works, we might as well get used to it.

We are very fortunate our coaching staff has not been poached and I think that changes significantly next offseason.

More often than not, it’s not about the money, guys leave for a better opportunity with more responsibility.

As long as we have Holmes and Campbell we will be alright.

10 Likes

This organization is flying too high for Sosnas. Fighter jets all the way, baby!

5 Likes

His bio says that he was the chief contract negotiator, among several other things.

He had a lot of responsibility for a 31 year old.

Impressive

2 Likes

Well there goes my inside info and camp passes

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken wasn’t this the guy who was supposed to take over whenever Disner was done? Basically worked under him from a cap guy perspective? Or am I thinking of someone else? I’ve confused them before.

It looks like Disner is in his early 40’s, not sure if he’s planning on being “done” anytime soon. Per Jason at OTC, the Lions have done a couple things differently from a cap perspective since Sosna has joined them, but nothing that anyone else can’t do. As for contract negotiations, that’s what Disner used to do.

I’m sure Sonsa is a good young talent, but as far as loses go, I think this is one we can live with. I’m sure we have people in the department that can be promoted or (like with Sonsa), we can find someone from the outside.

1 Like

He negotiates contracts? You can have him.

4 Likes

Sorry, I meant “done in Detroit” if he was poached. Either way, thanks for the response. I thought that was him.

1 Like

I am surprised that we haven’t lost a lot more already.

You are correct though. We might as well get used to this. Everyone is gonna want a piece of our success.

5 Likes

Read his bio, he sounds completely unqualified. That explains a lot.

2 Likes

Congratulations Brandon. Sucks that you’re leaving, but, you gotta take those opportunities.
Of course, Ben is loyal.:rofl:
Best of luck!

1 Like

He’ll join a familiar face (Newmark).

2 Likes

To be fair, Mayhew was better than his predecessor and certainly better than the one who took over after him.

6 Likes

Dan Campbell Win GIF by Detroit Lions

2 Likes