Compare and Contrast

If you watched the Lions/Panthers game and then watched the Eagles/Cowgirls game, you have to hope that the Lions don’t sneak into the playoffs. They’re not ready yet.

4 Likes

I mostly agree, especially the run defense, good lord it was bad. But, then again you watch the Thanksgiving day game and we almost beat the Bills, who I think are a legit super bowl contender. And we beat the shit out of Vikes a couple weeks ago and they are in 1st place.

We seem to be much better at home… we have laid a couple real eggs on the road this year. The Panthers and Patriot games for example were hard to watch.

3 Likes

Naa, will hope they make it as unlikely as that is, never stop giving up.

5 Likes

They weren’t ready Saturday.
Carolina definitely was.
They’re learning. How to win. How to stay focused. How to not get too big for their britches.
I’d hate to be Chicago! This team is going to be pissed! Like Carolina was pissed.
I still hope they can back in. They’re going to be trouble.

5 Likes

If the Lions would have finished last in the NFCN again i was sworn to give up on them for ever. They dodged that bullet, as far as I’m concerned, this season is a success.

3 Likes

It would be great experience. Most people gave up on the team after the 1-6 start. We win the final 2 games and couple things go our way and we are in the playoffs.

Prior to the Carolina game, everyone in the media was saying “you don’t want to play the Lions”. Now that mystique is gone so we are back to people thinking they can push us around again.

Finishing strong and ending up a winning football team is important, whether we make the playoffs or not.

4 Likes

Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

2 Likes

But, you didn’t!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::laughing::laughing::grin:

Nice find of JJ getting ready for the game this week!

1 Like

It wasn’t a good day and that’s it.
Doesn’t mean we’re playing Carolina again so they wouldn’t beat them, it’s just the way they lost was pretty bad.
Neither way is good when you lose, but this one is pretty painful.
Such defeats bring unrest to the team, when you are tied in a match and due to a combination of circumstances you lose, you learn a lesson and try to correct your mistakes.
What should you fix after a game like this, to fix the weather conditions, for Anzaloni to get a better haircut, for Dan to have a more worried face?
I hope for a much better edition against the Bears, because if after such a nice and successful period they end the season with three defeats, it will leave a bad taste in their mouths, despite a good number of victories.

1 Like

And that’s exactly why we hope they get in. It wouldn’t just be fun as a fan, but it would be an amazing learning opportunity for our young team to learn what playoff football feels like. Goff and Decker are really the only key pieces with any kind of playoff experience. It would be an amazing learning opportunity and stepping stone for these guys.

Let’s say we don’t make it this year, go 12-5 next year, make it, and lose 1st round because the young guys aren’t ready for playoff football. That gets fixed by making it and getting bounced this year.

5 Likes

I blame it on Anzalone trimming his hair.

1 Like

hahahahaha = YES!!!

2 Likes

The Office Nbc GIF

1 Like

And they shouldn’t be. The only experienced starters we have happen to all be on offense.
Coincidentally, that is our most consistent group. Not a coincidence.
Lions roster is still mostly rookie/sophomores and the island of misfit toys that other teams didn’t want.
Next year is the year to strike terror in the heart of the NFL.

1 Like

Nah. To many examples of teams sneaking in, and doing some serious damage because of some hot player or something. You should always want to make the playoffs. Always. Never know what’ll happen.

1 Like

Scared Classic Film GIF by Shudder

freddy krueger terror GIF

3 Likes

I’m rooting for it. Now again like a broken record - I said 7 wins and show progress.

Both are already off the checklist, so the rest of the season is house money.

So I actually agree with the OP. The team is SO young, the coaches are SO new at this. In all likelihood they aren’t ready.

If they miss the playoffs, I’m perfectly fine.

And for the first time in my life if they MAKE the playoffs and lose, I’m perfectly fine as well - whether they lose by 3 or 30. Playoffs are a whole new level of NFL and if they ever expect to do anything these guys need to learn that at some point. If it’s a year earlier than we expected and they get molly-whopped then so be it. Better for them in the long run.

2 Likes

There’s no “ready” and “not ready.” I don’t even know what “ready” would mean. Winning a game? Losing, but not being trounced? Winning the whole thing?

There’s no “ready” and “not ready” for the playoffs; there’s only doing better or worse if they get in. I hope they get in because I want to see more Lions games, especially high-stakes games, and because the better they do this year the more jazzed they - and we - will be for next year.

Imagine being a playoff team this year + THEN having…

• 4 1st & 2nd-round pix +…

• cap room for the 1st time in several years + …

• a whole offseason of work for Hutch, Paschal, Jamo, and their many other key young’uns + …

• just a bit more injury luck

Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Sneak …. They went a stretch of 6-1.

But, as I always say here, 31 losers and only one winner regarding the only goal of any NFL; win the SB

1 Like