Compensatory picks show Holmes greatness early

This board is going to be completely unreadable after the draft. I’m fine with Holmes approach of not handing out big contracts and building a young nucleus of talent through the draft first. The Lions basically have the same shitty roster as last year so I don’t get the over load of kool aid here.

2 Likes

Agree 100%

1 Like

The problem Campbell/Holmes have is the Lion’s history.

The fans don’t want to wait through yet another rebuild. They’ve been through too many and never really have gotten to the other side where the team is a legit playoff threat for multiple years.

The comp pick stuff will work itself out, some years, it will be great, others there will be few, if any.

If Holmes proves to be very adept at drafting and player development, the comp picks will be plentiful as he will keep the pipeline full of players ready to step in to starting roles.

2 Likes

Love this line. So true.

2 Likes

This is why beans are needed and you need to draft well. When you have a player that wants more than he’s worth, you are not forced to pay him. Let him walk, get your comp pick and next man up.

Yes beans are mocked on here but pretty much 99% of the best players arrived in the league via those beans. A bean = a player. Deebo Samuel? A bean. Fred Warner? A bean. Justin Herbert? A bean. It’s far, far, far and away the best method for adding talent to your roster.

1 Like

A bland form of negativity…. You like to minimize things brother…

BH is the best GM we’ve ever had….

Nope

You blatantly left out the fact, you know what a GM actually does…. He made the call, the choice … the decision etc. to make the moves required to then get the picks….

He could have been a douch bag and not made the move and this not get the picksz

He’s brilliant and bald

I’d like to see Jack Fox in the War Room during the draft, making sure that Holmes and DC don’t over step on a player.

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t agree that these moves showed greatness.

Letting Jarad Davis walk shows how great he is?

Not matching, or offering more than a $72 million contract to a player who missed 11 games the previous year shows how great he is?

Not resigning an aging WR when you barely have enough cap space to fill the roster shows how great he is?

He’s a ■■■■■■■ genius.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use the adjective you used but he is genius and gifted with supernatural common sense!

You are a half empty kind of dude huh?!

He could have stayed away from Perriman and gotten another pick.

1 Like

You may want perfection, but even genius men with supernatural common sense are not that - perfect…

But keep picking on just the negativity

I look forward to all the compensatory picks next year.

And nope, not at all.

I just don’t think these moves are a sign of greatness.

I think they are moves any competent GM would have made.

I’m not picking on it.

Stating a fact.

Probably because Quinntricia was there for a lot of it

Literally thinking Holmes is above human status. I make fun of the fact that people seem to treat him like a god, but here you are legitimately saying he has supernatural ability. Bruh.

2 Likes

At this point I’m elated for mere competence

2 Likes

I agree 100%. It should be a slow rebuild since the roster is at rock bottom but the fan base is impatient.

1 Like

Competence is yet to be seen. The media gave Millen a lot of A+ drafts.