Compensatory picks show Holmes greatness early

This is peak Kool-Aid season for Lions fans. The offseason before our Superbowl. The glue sniffing reaches a fever pitch. It’s totally cool to drink the Kool-Aid. It’s not poisoned, I promise.

2 Likes

It’s especially ridiculous this year.

1 Like

You shut your sarcastic pie hole, or Bob’s gonna… oops, wrong Quinn, but at least she still has a bat!

2 Likes

I love it bro! :rofl: Glad some can see the sarcasm rather than malice (which it isn’t).

Yep, truly why you were right about everyone saying the same thing about Quinn after 1 year.

Quinn was trash in year 1 and went downhill from there.

1 Like

I accepted the choice of BQ and then MP

I embrace these two guys!

Completely different feel and way.

No one can predict the future but I have my Hope meter at 11!

1 Like

Word!

1 Like

There no way Holmes should get credit for this….

So Golladay, M Jones, and J Davis won nothing here…. Wanted out, and we now have a 3, 5, and 6 as a result.

I feel like K Raymond was far more productive than Golladay last yet…. Cheap enough not to screw up the comp pick too…. So we saved 15M and got a 3rd?

I feel like A Anzalone had a better year than J Davis did last year? Yet we got a 6th too?

I would argue the half year we got out of Reynolds - prorated was pretty similar to Marvin, but nonetheless the value we got from Charles Harris for 4-5M less than Jones also netted us a 5th…

All 3 guys are back… all 3 combined cost about 60% of what Golladay alone does this year and then we will get 3 more guys for 2M combined.

Imagine if we somehow pull another St Brown type WR out of the Golladay pick?

Imagine anything…. And that’s your reality

We aren’t going to have any comp picks next season so does that mean Holmes is bad now?

Silly

If he decides to work a trade or two - part of the evaluation process will he impact on comp picks… I’d bet on that and I don’t bet

No it doesn’t.

All three moves that got the picks were no brainers. It doesn’t show his greatness, it possibly shows he isn’t an idiot.

He traded Stafford and created $19 million in dead cap. Wasn’t Goff’s cap hit $28 million or so when he was acquired?

There wasn’t a chance he was going to give Golladay, or anyone a monster contract.

You aren’t paying a 32 year old WR while you are rebuilding.

I don’t think letting Davis walk is a sign of greatness.

They lost a pick by signing Perriman.

At least here in the off-season. Reality comes in September.

Actually Agnew and Prater also figured in to the comp picks and it was smart to move on from those guys too.

1 Like

Yep, and if he didn’t sign Perriman, they’d have another pick.

Your call; but a wrong number imho

You’re just being negative but that’s ok

I think those moves were no brainers for a first year GM who is rebuilding a team.

I don’t think they are an example of his greatness.

It has nothing to do with being negative.

1 Like

Trades have nothing to do with comp picks. You compare him to Bill Belichick like he’s done anything when really he got the same comp picks 99.9% of GM’s walking into that situation would’ve got. He isn’t gaining any comp picks this year so how can you call him great for getting them one year and then say it doesn’t matter that he didn’t get any the next?

As negative as I come off, I actually think Brad Holmes has a good chance of becoming a really good/great GM, but I’m certainly not going to call him great before the team starts winning. C’mon man!

2 Likes