Contrasts, perspectives

We are .5 of a game behind where I thought we’d be, so far, 1/16th of the way through the season. The sky has not fallen. Other feedback i’ve seen - the Bears and Packers are not as good as I thought they would be.

A lot of truth to reveal itself yet. Let’s enjoy the ride!

3 Likes

I’m not missing the point. The Lions are idiots no matter what they do, but other teams are spectacular even if they did the same thing. Got it.

Sorry Wags, I wasnt directing the statement at you. I was using your post as a springboard. I would have fired Keim as well. BTP would give him another 5 years because of success the team had in 2007 that had nothing to do with Keim. LOL

1 Like

I noticed this as well. There was a blocker in front of him and could have easily gained another 5-20 yards imo.

1 Like

A little early to call Ragnow a bust. He did lose battles to some really good interior defenders as a rookie, playing out of position. But overall he was pretty solid. I’d like to see what he does later this year and next before calling him a bust.

Hand was PFFs top graded defensive rookie for most the season. And top ten in the league overall for run stop and pressures while playing close to 70% of snaps. He’s flashed a ton of upside

KJ graded a very solid 81 with PFF with 5.4 ypa. While I wouldn’t get a HoF mold ready just yet, I certainly wouldn’t call him a poor draft pick

People need to send a message by not going to games, otherwise ownership won’t give a damn, IMO.

1 Like

I think those dudes all work out to be nice picks.
I do believe hand will eventually get beaten out by Bryant.

Couple things. I didn’t call Ragnow a bust. I called him a reach, which I stand by. In fact, not counting this years draft (because it’s way too early), I would say that Quinn has not gotten 1st round production out of any of his first round picks. Actually, not even close. Davis is nowhere near a 1st round player, Decker isn’t even an average player and Ragnow is a just a guy holding down a position on a weak O-Line so far.

Hand made some plays, but needs to back it up. Hasn’t really been an impact player in my view.

KJ - again, 2 sweet games out of 11. 6 games hurt. Almost all of his production came in a short window. Many games he did next to nothing. He needs to take the next step, and soon.

Well a “reach” in a draft often proves meaningless. In retrospect I’m happy with the Ragnow pick. Our Oline needs talent

I’m not sure what criteria ‘first round production’ needs one or two years into a players career. I’d say just being a reliable starter is first round production

I like Davis and think the light could go on for him. He was a force against the run but struggled in pass protect. If he can round out his game this year he is definitely worth the pick

Davis really came on strong the end of last season, and appears to have worked very hard this offseason. I think he’ll do great!

KJ is a great pick…IF he stay’s healthy. Consider the OC from last year. He’s in a different world now. It will be better, but will it be great? Time will tell, my brother. I feel Ragnow will work better in a less predictable system as well. In last year’s overly predictable offense, production of all players was hurt. We shall see!

Loved the Ragnow pick then and still love it now. Played well out of position last year and didn’t think he would play this soon after his preseason injury. A solid pick for the future. As far as Davis, I agree, but let’s see what he does with a Dline in front of him. Decker does look like he’s slipping, but it just may be bagged by injury. Overall, can’t bitch too much with Quinn’s 1st rounders.I

Now 2nd rounders…

3 Likes

That’s fair. I supposed I am greedy and expect to hit on an ELITE player in the first round now and then. I mean, you have to go all the way back to 2010 since the Lions picked an elite type player in the first round. That was Suh and he was still a mixed bag of elite and self destruction. Keep in mind that we draft up there pretty high a lot of times too.

When you got guys like McCaffrey, Mahomes, Watson, Vander Esch, Gurley, Gordon, OBJ, Donald, Mosley all drafted between #8 and #20 overall in the past few drafts, and we are here discussing weather Decker is a bust, Davis will pan out or Ragnow was a reach, it’s a bit disappointing to me.

Perhaps TJH is the next Gronk. He does seem to have the most upside of any of our 1st rounders. I just wish we had more difference makers out of our top picks.

2 Likes

I would take Gordon off that list. I agree with the rest even though I disagree on how we see Davis.