Could Bryan Bresee Be A Better Pro Than Jalen Carter?

I know the Jalen Carter party train has left the station, but if the Rams show some life and win a game or two, Bryan Bresee could be a good consolation prize at maybe #6. He might lag in perception because of his 2021 ACL injury and because he played on a stacked D Line, though not like the one Georgia had. He’s probably a better penetrator than Carter.

Are we sure that Carter is that much better than Bresee?

Carter seems to be way more dominant and showcase way more potential rushing the passer. Not that Bresee is bad at it, and he’s also an anchor in the run game, but Carter has higher upside and is the more complete player IMO.

1 Like

Assuming Anderson, Carter and Young are gone, what players do you like for the Lions in the pick 6 - 12 range?

1 Like

dwight know GIF

4 Likes

Bresee, Myles Murphy, and then I’d look to trade down because we don’t need a tackle and we don’t need a receiver.

2 Likes

Assuming Chark is resigned?

Who doesn’t love a good penetrator.

1 Like

I expected Bresee to close the gap and potentially pass Carter as the DT1 on the draft board.

He’s a heck of a player and injuries have continued to set him back. He also sees a lot of double teams…. I figured with Georgia loosing DL talent in the last draft that Carter would see more double teams and be less disruptive. This would result in Bresee closing the gap.

It didn’t happen. Instead Carter showed just how dominating he can be. Even against more double teams.

I like Bresee but Carter is the top DT in this draft in my book.

5 Likes

Ok wait a minute, so does this mean you like to be penetrated ?
Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

If anderson and carter are gone. I hope we trade down. Those are the only two i think are worth the rams pick. I think its kinda a weak draft

1 Like

Haha I thought it was a perfect setup for a TWSS reference but no one got it

5 Likes

Tyree Wilson would be one to look at he is moving up draft boards. HEIGHT 6’6" WEIGHT 275 lbs

Murphy is graded better than Wilson he is #2 behind Carter HEIGHT 6’5" WEIGHT 275 lbs

3 Likes

Probably Myles Murphy.

Looking back through the years, the rams have taken 2-3 WR/TE in almost every draft. Most drafts also a RB. RB anywhere from round 1-7. WR from round 2 and on, but we know Brad will do higher.

We have limited data in the first, because they rarely pick there, but it might be prudent to base our expectations on reality.

Carter is in a class by himself. The hype train for him is bc he is exactly what the lions need. They need a in the middle who makes everyone’s life easier. Cominsky is making hutch’s life easier and he is a UDFA, love the kid. But just imagine carter in there? Cominsky is having success. When he is out there the lions defense is better same w paschal. Carter is the perfect player for this defense and the need. He is actually more necessary then will Anderson.

4 Likes

Oh, I think everyone got it.
That was SOL, though.

That’s what she said *

4 Likes

And if we can’t trade down?

I dont really like any one else. But there will be a team wanting a qb.

1 Like

Maybe, but if Young is already gone the chances of that plummet. Plus we always want to trade down and we never do. The chance of an individual team trading away a single pick is infinitesimal, like less than 1%. And yet we’re always like “well if these guys are gone we’ll just trade down.” But the truth is no, we almost certainly won’t.

I bring it up because it’s happening to me a lot in the simulators (especially since we’re currently picking 4th). Young, Carter, and Anderson go 1,2, and 3 in some order and no one offers a trade up. Then what?

2 Likes