Could Bryan Bresee Be A Better Pro Than Jalen Carter?

Why does it always seem to be a weak draft when we have a really high pick? :rofl:

Good question

1 Like

Iā€™ve pretty much alternated between Bresee and Myles Murphy, but I donā€™t love either at #4.

1 Like

I donā€™t care how weak the draft is overall. We only need to find 10 good/great players out of 300-400 in the draft.

Iā€™m beyond caring where players are selected. If theyā€™re a good player it doesnā€™t matter where we take them. Unless there were clearly better players available. If we take a linebacker at 4 and he goes on to play at a high level for 10 years does it really matter in the end?

3 Likes

Yeah im in a mix at the 4th. Hopefully we can get the 3rd and then no worries

Well you need some homeruns in 1st round and im not seeing any besides carter and Anderson

Well part of roster construction is finding value and one of the easiest ways to do that is the draft. And whether you care about it or not, I think itā€™s pretty clear by now Brad cares about positional value, so Iā€™d be shocked if he drafted a LB at #4.

Now Iā€™m all for ā€œreachingā€ on guys if you have high grades on them, despite what the draft pundits might think. Last year I made a case for Sauce Gardner at two (at the time he was being mocked in the latter half of the top ten). I wouldnā€™t have personally taken him over Hutch or Thibs, but I had him ranked #3 and thought he was the least likely to bust. And he really looks like heā€™s gonna be a good player for a long time.

2 Likes

SOLā€¦Sexually Offensive Language!? You lost me.

HAHAHAHAHA, that was really a good one! :roll_eyes:

same old line

1 Like

Iā€™m no draft expert, but I do watch a fair number of Clemson games. I think Murphy is going to be the better pro.

Heā€™s definitely been better in college, but Breseeā€™s had some mitigating circumstances that might explain his play. And Iā€™ve heard - and this is obviously second hand so take it with a grain of salt - that Murphy isnā€™t the hardest worker in the world. If thatā€™s the case I doubt weā€™d take him.

1 Like

i havenā€™t heard that about Murphy, but havenā€™t heard real positive comments on his character either. On the other hand - Breese is another Hutch - extremely competitive, hard worker, leader, etc, etc, I dunno, maybe a mix of personality types is better, you need some good raw athletes.

1 Like

Absolutely. In the absence of sure fire talent though thereā€™s nothing wrong with a good 10 year veteran.

3 Likes

Man you havenā€™t been around -much, we have been doing the "thatā€™s what she said " jokes all season-at least , a good handful full of other posters and myself.

2 Likes

Prepare to get penetrated.

1 Like

Right! Stick to that story.:laughing:

1 Like

The curse is over, donā€™t you ever mention those 3 letters together again!! haha

3 Likes

Are you just saying that to thwart a bomb threat? Thatā€™s the only reason I can think of someone saying something so inflammatory like thatā€¦

1 Like