Could Bryan Bresee Be A Better Pro Than Jalen Carter?

Ha, no. I’m just always fascinated by how easy everyone on here seems to think it is to trade down. Or maybe that’s not it, maybe it’s just denial or something I don’t know. If Anderson, Carter or Young are sitting there I can at least get behind the argument (even though the odds suggest it still won’t happen), but I can’t if they’re not.

1 Like

Gee golly, really?

all fun bro. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I don’t.

3 Likes

That’s projection though. You really never know which players are going to thrive in the nfl and which aren’t. A good example of that is billy price and frank ragnow. A lot of experts and analysts said price was the best center in the draft that year. He was a sure thing. Many lions fans wanted us to take price. He’s a bust and ragnow is an all pro. You just don’t know.

1 Like

If we can’t trade down I hope we go QB.

I like Myles Murphy; however, his game reminds me of Clelin Ferrell

1 Like

yes. It’s not even close. Carter is that good. I mean when people say he is head and shoulders better then Anderson and those same people expect an all pro career from Anderson….that kinda tells ya something. Want nothing to do w Clemson DL’s.

2 Likes

Not even this one?

51s8et1BqRL.SY780

1 Like

I dunno bro, think we can create a time machine in time?

2 Likes

I’m on it…got the machine dialed in for 1985!

October 26 Dates GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

2 Likes

Can you make it 1984? I want to draft Reggie White.

2 Likes

Seinfeld Soup GIF

1 Like

OK, so we got our consolation prize at #6. A couple weeks ago PFF’s Stock Exchange had us drafting Bryan Bresee at #7 with these cursory comments. Turns out he’s not Jalen Carter:

3 Likes

In order to trade down you need someone to trade up. Who was the last to team to trade down? I don’t believe it happens a lot. I could be wrong though.

I heard he was told he meaning Carter was slipping because of lack of effort during the playoffs not these last two but league.

So he started running an working out every morning to get more involved heading into last games.

It may have worked his play was better but question is what happens when he gets the big money will he still have the drive. You can be sure teams will be asking questions

1 Like

Not a Bresee fan, personally.

300+ pound dude that already had acl surgery that has braces and wraps on every limb with low production while playing on a line with several other talented players… who also had subpar production.

I’m having a hard time getting on the Clemson defenders train altogether.

Help me out guys. I know the talking heads are saying Bresee is a good player, but do we really think this is great production?

Maybe he’s one of those guys that doesn’t show up on the stat sheet? :thinking:

Still, if so, is that the best use of #6 overall?

For reference, these are the college stats of the guy the talking heads are comparing him to. This guy didn’t have any torn acl’s or other 1st round talent next to him at Nebraska.

I just am not seeing it. Maybe i need to look deeper? What am i missing?

2 Likes

I’m not a Bresee fan but look away from Carter’s stats if you’re a fan of drafting him because it’ll hurt your eyes. Neither looked good in the late season games either.

The bottom line is that this DT class stinks in terms of raw production. It’s all about projection. You’re taking a leap of faith with either of these guys that their production/impact will meet their potential.

2 Likes

I like Bresee and I think he has huge upside but there’s also plenty of concerns. Injury being one of the biggest. Which means we will probably draft him… lol

I actually thought Bresee would have a good year and rise to the top of draft boards this season and he didn’t do that. He’s a solid first rounder but the concerns push him down the board for me.

2 Likes

I might be a little too frugal for the masses here, but when we’re talking top-15 picks in the draft, projection is a bad word.

5 Likes