Could Bryan Bresee Be A Better Pro Than Jalen Carter?

Yea the lack of production is always a concern to me. And Carter’s production might be even worse than Breese. Holmes has shown in his drafting that he likes highly productive players in college for the most part.

The knock on Travon Walker was a lack of production despite being a freak athlete, his rookie year in the nfl he got 3.5 sacks. Now he might turn out to be a future hall of famer yet. On the other hand, Hutch had a 14 sack season at Michigan, then huge production in his rookie season.

Some of Holmes draft picks were undersized guys but they had massive production in college. Rodrigo, St. Brown, Houston all come to mind. Seems to be something he really looks for. I believe Kerby was a ball hawk in college, it carried over!

4 Likes

Yep. Ben Solak mocked him to us and absolutely loves him. Thinks he’s clearly the best corner :man_shrugging:

Yeah I heard that too. I love Solak, I think he’s one of the smartest guys around, but if there’s one place he misses it’s with his draft takes (absolutely hated the Hurts pick for his beloved Eagles). I mean probably no more than anyone else actually, and even when he’s wrong he explains it in a way that makes you think he might be right lol.

But I’m sticking with my Ringo take. He’s more of an athlete playing corner than a real corner to me.

1 Like

I’d like to see Murphy at 6 and maybe Trenton Simpson with 1b we haven’t had a freak lb in ages

1 Like

I eant to spend more time watching before draft…
but Simpson strikes me as a star in the NFL.

I’m not sure if Holmes would take an off ball LB in round 1…
but I think Simpson’s blitzing ability might open that door.

He might not be Micah Parsons… but that versatility makes him more valuable IMO.

2 Likes

Yea I think he’s a 3 down future nfl star he’s good at the run and pass both. I would like to get him in rd 2 but that won’t happen

1 Like

Just take a good football player. The only thing that makes it weird is overthinking it.

4 Likes

The answer is no he can’t. This guy feels like me when I watch his tape. You want to like him, you try to find the player everyone is hyped about and it’s just not there. He’s still living off his reputation coming out of high school. He’s an NFL player for sure but is he a top 10 guy? Is Bryan Bresee the Next Aaron Donald? #1 DT in the 2023 NFL Draft! - YouTube

Watch this and then tell me you want him at 6.

2 Likes

Best advice ever… take damn good football players and then the rest will sort itself out.

2 Likes

Give me the football player over the athlete in nearly every situation… I want guys who like to play the game. This staff seems to value that concept to an extent and when they took the athlete it’s bit them in the ass …. See Levi

4 Likes

Sounds like a certain office linebacker might be helping in this area.

1 Like

This is from his Freshman year. He had some OMG reps that year.

1 Like

Imo Bresee may actually be the kind of high motor, grit, “dog” style player that this team is looking for…the games that I’ve watched him play, he actually reminds me of Hutch with his motor and intsensity for the game. He might be a better fit for this team over Carter.

1 Like

@Thats2 big time lateral movement here. I yhink it comes down to whether you think the 18 year old version is still in there.

1 Like

It’s not no man’s land brother, it’s just a bit early…

We have visions of Suh, Barry, Stafford, and Calvin here…. They are our Mount Rushmore for the past 40 years….

1. We were winning, beating ass, and yet there were still threads bitching about Jamo not getting enough run- I’d gladly watch him ride the pine all year next year too, if it means we have a top 5 offense, and go 12-5 lol. We crave that Calvin - WOW impact. We saw it on the first TD, the reverse, and the 66 yard flea flicker that got called back.
  • Now the draft-
  1. We want a bully at DT…. A pocket collapsing, double team drawing, QB hunting maniac like Suh because we remember the dominance.

2. We remember Barry and what it was like to watch him. Bijan ain’t Barry, but with this OL it would be pretty damn fun, like 2017 Gurley or rookie Saquon fun…

3. We remember the off platform throws, bullet passes through 2 defenders, and 40 yard jump ball bombs. Stafford definitely looked different throwing for 300 yards and 2 tds than Goff. We saw that with Lawrence and Allen the last 2 days, and they both got lucky they didn’t lose their team the games… but holy shit they had some lasers.

• once Gonzalez posts a 9.8 RAS, Murphy runs a 4.5 forty at 275, Branch does everything well…. Ringo blows up the combine. Bijan runs a 4.4 forty.

Suddenly there will be a clearer top 10-12

We’ve just gotten smitten with what Young and Carter look like doing their thing and….

Carter might fall who knows

Good God, yes!
The former Lion that would most help us …SUUUUUUUHHHH!!!

1 Like

Give me Calijah Klancey early in round 2 than Breese early in round 1 please.

1 Like

This is 100 % drafting for need .

I don’t really understand the criticism of Carter’s play. The guy is a complete stud in terms of talent.

The only thing I’m concerned about is any potential character concerns. Then again, anything on this front might actually drop him to our pick. Otherwise he is going before us.

3 Likes

I realize that calling someone a “follower” is used as an insult. But the reality is there can only be so many chiefs and a majority of the people that think they are chiefs are not. But I view Carter as a follower, in a good way. He is just going to follow whatever program we put him on and feed off whatever energy we surround him with.

In other words he would be a terrible pick for the 2003 Lions but could work out well on the 2023 Lions (or 2011 Lions).

4 Likes