COVID -- Another Thread

As long as it’s before the 7pm curfew lol

Lol.

Do we have to call to make a appointment?

I’m not sure… Most restaurants went away from reservations a while ago… I don’t see any other way of complying with limited capacity without calling ahead and making a reservation. Can you imagine 30 people huddled together while waiting an hour for a table like it used to be? The covid would kill them all!!

I guess Monday I’ll call to see where my wife and I will go eat

I’m going to lunch Thursday and staying til closing.

1 Like

I thought they said next Monday restaurant s would be open

Marty? last i knew , Whitmer said "they are opening the Northern parts of Michigan…restraunts and that.

wait and see how that went, not just open restraunts all around here in Michigan…AND IF The North did well?

then she would greenlight all of Michigan restraunts both North and South.

did she open restraunts South of Saginaw?

Yes, announced earlier if was Thursday but now seeing Monday the 8th. Nonessential retail open Thursdsy

I heard Monday they are opening up every where. Same as bottle returns for most parts. And other things. My local card shop is opening up Monday.

Because somehow those 4 days will make all the difference

Somebody can’t handle the truth…

Anger means you have… well all of it brother…

Pent up resentments
Limited emotional range and even depression
Hyper vigilance - and your criticism and control reflect your way of coping with this underlying anxiety.
Bullying and power hunger / control

• you feels entitled, is into power and continues what you does because it pays off — you normally get what you want and now are running away as it isn’t happening with me.

You can’t handle the honesty…

Matthew 7:3-5 New International Version (NIV)

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

I ask God to remove my “plank” daily… I wonder if you’ve ever even read this entire passage before.

Prayers for you to get right brother and honestly for our Lord God to do the same for us both as I know I fail daily… but you seem to think you don’t… nothing but love and prayer baby!’

2 Likes

on the news yesterday, they said June 15th for bottle returns in Michigan. I thought.

In my county we have had 33 cases, 31 recoveries and no deaths. Our restaurants have been able to open in our town but all have remained closed with take out only. The bowling alley just posted on FB that they will remain closed for at least a couple more weeks, but they still have carry out. People have taken it seriously and are by and large respectful of others. It’s really kind of amazing that it’s so low here because so many of our people work in adjacent counties that have from 190 to almost 1,000 cases. No new cases since the 25th of May.

Correct. Not sure why that, but not Barber shops.

This worries me.

“Bear Belly Bar” announced today that they are closing. Another victim of Covid.

File this under “Duh, what did you expect?”.
Thousands upon thousands of people crowding over each other ignoring social distancing, some not wearing masks, and screaming at the top of their lungs for hours upon hours during a pandemic. A spike in COVID numbers is inevitable one would think.

On the other hand, it’ll be a good test to see how contagious this thing still is or if we’re starting to build immunity so it’ll be interesting to see the aftermath of the protests in 3-4 weeks or so.

More than likely, they’ll blame the spike caused by the groups of protesters on reopening too soon and issue more lock downs.

1 Like

Or bc the virus has a seasonal component to it. Fingers crossed.