COVID -- Another Thread

Really good read. Certainly worth following, thanks.

Lol - I know I’m not perfect: you still think you are brother…

In the Bible … how many times did David go into Battle “armed”? Silly silly my friend… Gods plan always wins, but Faith without action is dead. God expects us to do our part. And, maybe, you forgot… defending ones self and family (which you already showed you aren’t willing to do) is allowed…

And I’m not, nor are you as a Christian if that’s what you are as you still hide your true god you follow… “responsible” for others… we share the Good News, we disciple and help others… I don’t take care of you; we assist

Like reminding you for your denial… living in feat and using control of others to cover it …

And then you twist His word to fit your commentary… how can you sleep at night… have you actually unpacked what David is saying here?

When I lie down at night, asleep and defenseless, He has me… if I die tonight I don’t care as I know where I am going… I sleep my best nights when I reflect and know I walked with Him and in His will the best I could from sunrise to sunset. Nothing about this is applicable to you and your poor attempt of forcing me to wear a mask.

I mean if you are a believer, why are you trying to control others and shame them? Why are you letting God protect you? Means you lack faith and trust in Him… you’re the one I pray He shows the need to read the Bible more deeply and ask what He wants you to hear, see and feel… not what you selfishly take from it to twist His word to your failures of logic, and attempts to control others…

“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” -James 1:22

And what about David’s three mighty men that included Shammah? You know the guy who walked, armed with a weapon, into the lentil field and after all the other troop fled, he stood his ground and defend it, taking the lives of over 300 men in the process - Gods power thru a willing Shammah was why there was victory in battle that day… but Shammah put on his battle gear, got his weapon (premise for a promise or basically faith without action is dead) and let God empower and use him to gain victory… so your wrong again as in the OT there are many stories for men, faithful and still imperfect men, who went into battle for God, but still grabbed their weapons… they weren’t foolish as you appear to be they your own words…

You are afraid to die. Me, I’m selfishly lacking faith here as I simply do not want to die but not afraid to do it if it’s God plan for me… which I won’t know until it’s done.

You really need to study better brother… I highly suggest the basics as found in Hebrews 6.

Being honest brother… you seem lost and your self will is the blame …

Love and prayers - and this story as short as it is is one of my favorites and I could go into pages of unpacking this.

Shammah knew “who’s he was” and “who he was in that”. - I think you, assuming you believe, are lost… prayers you find your way back to Him!!

You create enemies, where ARE the enemies that I should protect myself from? I’m afraid to die? Well,maybe, but one thing I know for sure, I would welcome death if I knew I was the reason someone else had died because of my behavior. That’s my fear, and something you have no understanding of because of your insistence to make your life all about you. You won’t wear a mask because God will protect you, I pray He will also protect your family and friends FROM you. If my wife wanted a gun, she would get one. You’re a sad excuse for a Christian, claiming your rights and faith supercedes the rights and faith of others. Christ was all about leading by example, did He own weapons? You’re a sad man living in a world of your own making where the rules are a matter of warped interpretation. I couldn’t be happier. Great family and friends, just getting ready to go fishing out west for over a week. I live in a community where people wave at strangers. Where exactly would my fear emulate from? We have an enemy, a virus, that has killed more people than any single event in my lifetime and your way of dealing with it is to demand your right to spread it, I can’t think of anything more warped from a Christian perspective. Good bye, good luck, welcome to ignore.

Current best estimates at .5%-1% according to a Johns Hopkins Epidemiologist quoted in the story.

Fake news.

That’s the issue for me. There’s a ton of contradicting information but … why is the US so much higher then everybody else?

There’s 6.3 mil cases world wide. With over 300K deaths. More than 1/3 of the reported deaths come from the US. 1/3 of the reported cases also come from the US.

Why?

1 Like

Take a look at the level of obesity in the US versus the rest of the world. That’s a start. We are just unhealthy compared to other countries. Too much fast food and overly medicated to adjust for the fact that many get no exercise and eat processed crap. Also, many countries overseas have better (not quality or quantity, but better coordinated) national public health systems. Many of those developed from systems where national tracking was needed for diseases that are no longer found here (e.g. insect borne diseases, traditional diseases that have largely been eradicated from our continent).

Some scientists predicted we would be hit hard and for a number of reasons including health of the population, poor national coordination (state driven), and in my estimation, general unwillingness to cooperate for any length of time.

2 Likes

You wanna know why we get such a bad rap for infant mortality in this country? Because we count all babies born “alive” even if they die within minutes. Because our country leads the world in infertility treatments we see women who come here from all over the world that have multiple failures, OR, they have twins or triplets, etc, and they have a higher mortality rate. The point is, we actually try and strive for accuracy. I was kidding when I said “fake news”, I just thought I’d get a jump on the usual suspects. There is no doubt in my mind that the Chinese count could be 1/2 of what it really is. That was a great article, in the end whats the difference what the count is? People are dying at an alarming rate and every country in the world except Sweden has taken action to make it less lethal. Not exactly working out for them.

1 Like

There are countries just as unhealthy and there are countries who did nothing to stop the spread. All faired better then the US.

Massive out breaks in Michigan and NY. Look at Windsor compared to Detroit. The city just over the border faired well. Hardly any cases. Are we to believe Covid stopped at the border?

If you look at the reported deaths in the US most are coming from the elderly. Not the unhealthy.

Why? … I think I know why but I’d like to here a solid explanation from others before saying what I think.

2 Likes

Whitmer opening the state up?

The access to healthcare issue isn’t talked about enough relative to CV outcomes. When you look at the therapeutics that are having some degree of efficacy the common thread is that the disease cannot become too advanced.

Everyone in Canada has access to healthcare without having to worry about how they have to pay for it. Perhaps that and population density might explain the difference. Canada has about 40% deaths per 100,000 so they are performing better but it’s not the staggering gap that we have with some other countries.

If you take NYC (Which is a fairly unique situation) out of the totals the margins become even slimmer.

I think there is definitely a societal element. It’s probably only really fair to compare us with Western Europe and Canada and in doing so we’re somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of deaths per 100,000.

1 Like

Bc governors like Cuomo killed 10s of thousands of elderly in nursing homes with terrible policy

1 Like

Yes and no… She’s still clinging to keeping some places closed, but restaurants can open up with limited capacity starting next week (one week early :tada:)

It does seem like that mismanagement of elderly care facilities is a commonality among areas with high death rates.

It’s fairly obvious… Florida is the perfect example of what kind of policy should have been implemented regarding nursing homes.

It’s something. Bottle returns in some areas as well

Small victories in trying times lol

Yeah still was shocked that at least we can go out to eat.