Cowboys fire Kellen Moore

Truth is, they under-performed their talent level. They were ill-prepared for situational football and they’re all watching football from their couches today like we are because of it.

1 Like

It might be the dumbest non-SOL thing Ive seen on a football field, and I saw The Fridge steal a TD from Sweetness for no damn good reason in a super bowl.

1 Like

Literally the highest scoring team in the NFL when Dak starts over the last two seasons.

Locally everyone is happy

1 Like

Those are tears of joy no doubt. VLG had an unhealthy hatred of Kellen.

1 Like

He already has interview for another OC job

Kellen Moore us a former player turned coach…. I know a place that favors that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I funny how McCarthy doesn’t realize he just hired a bad OC (himself)

Such a ruthless league when you see stuff like that. Imagine Ben Johnson had the best offense in the nfl 2 out of 4 years and we fired him!?

2 Likes

or imagine Aubrey Pleasant made starters out of no name UDFA rejects like Jerry jacobs and AJ parker and helped Okudah and Oruwariye look better than they ever had before and we fired him.

Well that point would be a lot more relevant if the Lions defense didn’t rapidly improve without him. Not saying it was all his fault, but we had the the worst defense in the nfl at the time of his firing. Someone had to go whether it was Pleasant or AG.

3 Likes

Kellen Moore looks like a smug little hamster.

We were so bad I made this:

2 Likes

Haha dark times it was!! It did improve down the stretch, thankfully!

1 Like

didn’t take long for Moore to get the most coveted open OC job available….

1 Like

Never understood the love for Dak.

1 Like

oh yeah maybe that came out wrong. I wasn’t trying to say firing AP was a bad firing. Just saying it could have been/probably was other non-performance related issues at hand. AP got fired not because he wasn’t training up the players/performing well like Moore. He got fired because he was no longer on the same page as the guy calling the shots.

sounds like our backup qb issues are over.

Right on, my dudes.

I think it’s hard for us to imagine feeling ‘entitled’ as Lions fans. But it’s been a running joke for years that every year is ‘Dallas’ Year…’ until it isn’t. They really want to be back in their 90’s glory, and basically expect greatness (despite logic).

This kind of entitlement ends up being very whiny, and leads to very low patience. Because the greatness is ‘expected,’ whenever things don’t go according to plan someone must be blamed. So, someone gets fired, and you see moves like this. The problem is, that it actually sets the team backward.

Honestly, Dallas’ issues are not going to keep me awake at night. Just makes the path to the playoffs easier. But I doubt this move makes the Cowboys better…

1 Like

Fans in alot of ways are like the owner’s and other decision makers in the NFL. You can see it even with Lions fans when things aren’t going well. “Do SOMETHING. I don’t care what it is. ANYTHING!” The sense of entitlement also grows to whatever level the team is playing at. Its easy to say when we are 2-14 that we wouldn’t complain about 9-7. But when we actually get to 9-7, suddenly the lens changes to 12-4 and a playoff win. The people raising the stakes aren’t focused on all of the things that went right to get to a certain record. Its about assessing what went wrong that could have been done better and holding the team and staff with that view. And it happens really quickly.

2 Likes

This is why I’m glad there are adults in charge of the Lions rather than a dildo like Jurry.

It’s also why I like the matrix organization type that the Lions have implemented. It’s a lot harder for a group of people to act as rashly as a single unhinged individual.

1 Like