Cowboys fire Kellen Moore

Oh No Coach Mellor GIF by ABC Network

Not Thee Kellen Moore !? :rofl:

I am looking forward to seeing what he does with the Chargers next season.

I think the kid really has a great football mind. He should have a chance to prove it.

On this occasion…. when Moore had only 1 year left on his contract…

I have to wonder if the “mutual parting” was more about Kellen Moore telling Dallas he was ready to move on now.

He was a finalist for a HC gig… and probably had a little “understanding” with Staley that he would come to LA if possible…
and their are still open OC jobs… so he may have just told them he didn’t want to return.

I think the dynamic is a little different (just my opinion). McCarthy really thinks he is a better playcaller than Moore. He was forced to give up playcalling in Green Bay but that didn’t even last a season before he took playcalling back. That began the journey that eventually led to him being fired. When he was looking for a new gig I bet he wanted to call plays, but Jerrah told him he already had Kellen Moore who ran a top 5 offense the previous season so they were sticking with Kellen if McCarthy wanted the job. McCarthy has been dying to take over the offense since he took the job I bet, but Kellen did a good job holding onto it.

The funniest part out of all of this is McCarthy stinks as a playcaller. The only reason his stale offense ever worked was because Aaron Rodgers went off script and delivered insanely accurate passes to covered receivers. Oh, and the holding by Packers lineman of course. This is going to be fun to watch. Even though it kind of sucks that Dak might catch all of the heat for McCarthy’s shitty playcalling. But either way we can watch them crash and burn!

2 Likes

Just think when the Chargers offense is tearing it up next year and the Cowboys offense regresses McCarthy will be fired.

Question now is what week will that be?

Should we start a poll?

1 Like

GIF by SB Nation

McCarthy made it clear at seasons end that Moore was likely gone.

McCarthy wanted control of the offense and there was a difference in opinion on the type of offense they would run. McCarthy forced his offensive style on Moore and had nearly gutted the offense that Moore had made successful.

McCarthy wanted a more ball control style offense. He wanted 30 run plays a game and more short yardages passes.

Moore will pair well with Herbert and Moores timing style offense will fit Herbert well. I expect the Chargers offense to drastically improve.

The boys also fired a few other offensive coaches. I believe they’re RB coach and OL coach. I have to wonder if any of them follow Moore to the chargers.

1 Like

test crash GIF

Kellen me softly. The Cowboys might have just Fugee’d up.

• Yes, start a poll
  • No, don’t start a poll
  • Too Late
  • Get a Life Weasel
0 voters
2 Likes

To poll or not to poll. That is the queso.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that Evil Queso is allllllmost here

Do you want to post the recipe again….
or just have me search “evil queso” again and bump it for you?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Cream
Cheese
Pain

sounds like a yeast infection….

Disgusted Jim Carrey GIF

1 Like