Cowherd comparing Stafford to Rodgers

He was 42-20 in the games played from 2017-2020….

and the Rams weren’t exactly great on defense or the O line in all of thise years. In 2016 and 2021… not many QBs were winning a bunch of games with the roster he had along his side… so let’s be real about that one….

1 Like

Well what I’m being real about in posting his record as a starter is that he doesn’t have one of the highest winning percentages as a starter in NFL history. There are so many QBs ahead of his .548 winning percentage

Who cares?

It is still a good win-loss record and ranks higher than Eli Manning… and pretty close to Kurt Warner, Philip Rivers, and Aikman.

It still not anywhere close to being one of the highest winning percentages in NFL history as it was claimed….again, that is the point

So, keeping it real as you do, how does:
He rank after three years?
After four years, five years, six years?

Keeping it real is fine and great however keeping it real also includes looking at the numbers deeper than just surface level.

If I had kept it real in my career without understanding how the numbers are what they are or how they got to there, I wouldn’t know that much. I have run sales for large mfrs, own a small business now and buying another one. Understanding what impacted the final year end numbers positively and negatively is not only important it is critical and helps determine whether the company(QB, team etc) is trending up, down. Understanding the numbers is critical when buying a business or running one.

So keeping it real is great, but keeping real means a much deeper dive which has been pointed out throughout this thread.

2 Likes

I buy what you are saying….very well said and understood! :100:

Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.