Cowherd comparing Stafford to Rodgers

I’m aware.

Why bother reading, posting, etc in here?

Dead is 100% correct… Smith, Valenti, Cowherd are all asshats…

Cowherd could have bet on the Rams to win it all last September and asserted Stafford was equal to Rodgers, and we’d have to give him his due… He didn’t though, he waited til Stafford overcame the odds, and now posts side by sides stats and states the obvious…

• Kind of like you will likely do if/when the Lions win 10-11 games this year…
  1. you will assert you had the right to be skeptical based on the last 50 years…
  2. you will likely consider it a fluke and cite how lucky we were in spots…
  3. you will double down on why we won’t duplicate the success in 23’…

When we do… there will certainly be room for you on the bandwagon sir- we are all fans, we all want to see wins…

The fact that many still don’t see that Stafford wanted out, and all DC/Holmes did was accommodate him in classiest way possible is beyond me…

I think the entire forum would agree that Millen, Quinn, and to some extent Mayhew all sucked balls, and so did all the coaches they hired outside of Caldwell… Stafford certainly had an uphill battle his whole career here, but I don’t see how we indict the current regime since… In 1 year they-

1. Took care of Stafford
  2. Changed the culture
  3. Absorbed and absurd amount of dead cap
  4. Show competency in coaching and scheme (other teams were interested in our coaches)
  5. Turned over the roster
  6. Have a far more talented, cheaper, and younger team just 15 months after getting here.
1 Like

Here the difference between a poster like me and a poster like you….I tell it like it is and I am honest about it. I don’t cherry-pick to suit a narrative. I don’t move goal post so I’m always right. If I am wrong about something I admit it and own it. You take what media personalities say “personal” because you can’t counter what it is that they are saying….especially with the Lions. You have absolutely no defense for 1 playoff win in 65 years……otherwise you would let what the media says bother you! :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s an addiction few recognize.

1 Like

A poster like “me” vs a poster like “you” huh…? LMAO

You tell what like it is? The 2022 NFL football season starts in a few days. We have all spent HOURS upon HOURS in watching the combine, draft, checking up on free agency etc because it all fuels our passion…

I don’t cherry pick anything, I state facts… When I say Goff had a more impactful by age 25 than all but a few QBs in league history… it’s a fact! When I say Goff has a top 20 all time QB Rating- IT IS A FACT! When I say everyone above him is widely considered a VERY GOOD if not Hall of Fame worthy QB- IT IS A FACT!

When I say Goff has one of the highest winning percentages of all time amongst QBs- It is a fact…

You are right- it makes way more sense to ignore wins, stats, career ratings- playoff wins etc and simply go by the eyeball test-

Which other stats are cherry picked? Draft bust rate? Average NFL career length? High dollar free agency bust rate?

Let me know which information that Dead or myself spend time researching and sharing is "cherry picked?

The mere fact that some posters want to bitch about a 2nd round draft pick who is struggling to stay healthy when the 3rd and 4th rounder the same year were not just great values, but AMAZING picks.

I guess we should hold Dan and Brad accountable to what previous HCs and GMs did. While we are at it, we can ignore Spielman’s presence, and pretend that Sheila has been driving this mess for all 65 years if it makes you feel better…

• SO IF YOUR STANCE IS- WIN THE F-ING SUPER TO REPAY MY HEARTACHE FOR THE LAST 65 YEARS- then fine, you have a right to feel that way… you will likely miss the fun of the ride though sir… If the only thing you care about is BEING 100% SURE WE ARE ACTUALLY GOOD BEFORE YOU GET EXCITED- then you will miss the best part…

Here’s a great example of your posting style. You like to go on “ifs and what ifs”….like you do when you keep trying to argue about Stafford is a dropped INT from losing to the 49ers in a championship game. You will never see me make such an argument….the fact of the matter is that Stafford won a Super Bowl and that is all I need to know. I don’t make arguments such as “take away this or that and you only have this.” That’s just lame to me. Someone on this board once said “Goff threw 3 TDs against the Seahawks in a road playoff win. It’s not my style to exaggerate any players production to suit a narrative.

Ok well compared to whom?? Who are the few QBs?? It’s ok to state it as a fact…. But where is your proof??

You Cant Fight In Here Dr Strangelove GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

2 Likes

Brady
Roethlisberger
Marino
Montana
Russ Wilson
Lamar Jackson
Andrew Luck
Lamar Jackson
Pat Mahomes
Josh Allen

You could maybe argue Flacco, Burrow, or Newton?

So somewhere in the top 10-14 starts to a QBs career 40 plus years…. Over 300 QBs over that span.

Stafford did win a SB…. He didn’t take the Lions with him though.

He didn’t elevate a bad team either.

Stafford, V Miller, OBJ, and Michel collectively took a 10-6 Rams team from 2020 that won a playoff game, to a 12-5 team in 21’ that won a SB…

Stafford was awesome. Agree

• this entire topic is about Cowherd praising a guy he used to dog. 2011 and 2021 Stafford played almost identically.

Difference? Supporting cast!

• Holmes nor DC had anything to do with Staffords lack of a supporting cast or poor coaching here.

If you want advocate that Goff will suck in 2022- great, it’s a personal opinion.

It’s funny that posters are still talking about Goff throwing ball out of bounds on 4th down as indictment to his ability to improve or win…. Goff being OUR QB

YET THOSE SAME POSTERS- have an episode if somebody mentions Tart dropping the int. It’s a fact, he dropped it. It was a bonehead read, and a worse throw. His team helped him overcome it.

I believe this year Goffs team, MY TEAM will be talented and well coached enough to help him overcome some bad plays.

Jared Goff has a 45-37-1 record as a starter. That is a .548 winning percentage. That is not amongst the best in NFL history. There are like 13 QBs that have a higher winning percentage that has Made at least 200 starts.

I thought the comparison was more of an indictment against Rodgers than elevating Stafford? We’ve all said it here a number of times. It’s almost tragic (ironic coming from a Lions fan) that one of the most gifted QBs in our lifetime only has one Super Bowl victory.

1 Like

You are hilarious.

You love to point out we’ve sucked for a LONG time… 65 years right?

So take QBs with at least 80 starts- aka 5 years….

202 QBs have been taken from 1980 til now. Just in then first 3 rounds of the draft… I would guess over 309 total…

Less than 30 total have more wins and a better winning percentage both.

You lost me there

You would have to include guys like Aikman, Favre, McNabb, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan perhaps RG3…who led to a division title his rookie year

There’s your problem. Football is a really complex game and when you view it as a game of checkers, you won’t understand @lyonfan1 chess view of the game.

Same with guys like Valenti and Cowherd, they view it as a game of checkers, that’s probably why you relate to them.

Richard Parker listening to Valenti and Cowherd

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

Nah brother….taking away things that happened is not reality. It’s not chess. It’s a simple means to cherry-pick to suit a narrative. That’s why you don’t “take things away”….you can’t. I wouldn’t say “take away the 47 yd TD run and Barry was awful in the Lions’ only playoff win in my lifetime”. Because you cannot take it away. Now I would say “aside from the one big run for a 47 TD the Cowboys held Barry in-check.” I don’t need to eliminate any aspect to make a point. I just prefer to tell the entire story. So maybe that’s why guys like Valenti or Herd don’t bother me.

When you trade up to draft an extremely raw QB in the first round, who kinda sucked in college, instead of adding talent, it doesn’t help. Personally I love it! The Jordan Love trade looks dumber and dumber by each passing day. And Lions fans should be loving it!!

1 Like

If you want to know the entire story, you need to understand the complexities of the game, but don’t fault people like @lyonfan1 or me for wanting to have a better understanding of the game. Go ahead and enjoy the game in it’s simplest form wins and losses (checkers). There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the game like that, but you should recognize your limitations.

I prefer to listen to a Kurt Warner, a Dan Orlovsky, a Pat Kirwan, a Brian Baldinger . . . who do understand the game at a much . . . much higher level than Valenti or Cowherd.

2 Likes

Well I don’t do revisionist history….if I did then would it be fair to say “Take away the playoff win in 1992 and this team has no playoff wins in 65 years”??