D. Watson

If the shocker don’t fit, you must acquit.

2 Likes

That kind of salary structure is common enough that I don’t think it specifically indicates anything. Josh Allen had $920k in salary the first year of his new contract. Mahomes was at $825k. Stafford has a $1.5M salary this year, the first year of his new extension. Aaron Rodgers salary is $1.15M. Tom Brady’s salary is $1.015M.

2 Likes

I believe they signed Jacoby brissett as their backup who may be starting for the 6th games

So naturally, that is all true, however, that does not mean that it did not factor in THIS contract structure. And it was significant enough that it is something that people in the media, gm’s are pointing to as an indicator of what could be coming down the pike. The dude is getting suspended. Deservedly so.

1 Like

He was basically suspended with pay last season, to what extent that enters in to the conversation will be interesting.

If they think he’s getting suspended…then they think he is getting suspended. But if they are saying the contract structure is the indicator…they are full of shit. Its too common of a structure to have meaning. It would be like saying they think he’s getting suspended because he doesn’t get any roster bonuses.

This is your opinion. Unless you know specifics to the Browns deal and what motivated how they moved the money around then you don’t really know much and are just hypothesizing based on similar examples. It is possible, in fact, it is actually what was motivating the first year in THIS case. It does not matter how common a structure is…what matters is what the logic is to apply it in their particular situation.

Carry on… :kissing_heart:

Would you?
Aaron Rogers almost left Green Bay over drafting love.
Watson is a known commodity, not a maybe.

Right, but Aaron Rodgers is a multiple time MVP. No one even wants Baker at this point. Playing for a suspended Watson might be his only chance to start.

2 Likes

Plot gets worse. Backlash if they do nothing with 23 accusers now could be severe.

1 Like

No one is bailing out the Browns at this point. Either with taking Baker’s contract, or after the contract they gave Watson.

The league seems to be of the opinion, the Browns made their bed, now lie in it.

So 22 wasn’t a big deal but 23 is suddenly unfathomable?

1 Like

At least we’re not the Browns who are likely going to have to play an angry Baker Mayfield next season.

I just want the Browns to play R.Kelly when D. Watson eventually takes the field. “I don’t see nothing wrong, with a little bump n grind…” You know you want to do it Browns. You’re the bad guy, go with it.

Maybe a little Neil Diamond too, “touching you, touching me, sweet Caroline, de duh duh duh.”

7 Likes

Just watched the latest HBO episode of “Real Sports”. Theres a segment about Watson. Very eyebrow lifting.

Now I’m interested in seeing the segment. The latest accuser said she only came forward because of what she saw of Watson on HBO.

I was of the opinion the league was not going to do anything major. Then watched it. Their versions are compelling. In addition DW’s attorney saying he did nothing wrong is stupid. At least she could have said he put himself into unnecessarily risky situations. Or some legalese version of that.

But I can see why victim 23 could want to come forward after a comment like that.

1 Like

Care to elaborate on particulars? Ain’t got no HBO yo
breaking bad rabid dog GIF

1 Like

I’m sorry but the dudes got some issues. Not sure how this is gonna play out but being that it’s the Browns I could see it being a huge mess.

The Browns will get what they deserve… Watson is a POS, and has won “4” games TWICE in his 5 year career, and thanks to his behavior- he has a season with 0… So he has 2 winning seasons in 5 years as a pro, some clear issues, and yet they gave up the world?

I get the Baker has been up and down, and many projected that when he was drafted, but what about Matt Ryan for a 3rd? His cap hit over the next 2 years is like 53M total… Let them duke it out… Ryan was saddled with garbage his last 2 years in ATL…

Imagine

M Ryan/Baker
Chubb/Hunt/ D Ernst
A Cooper, DPJ, David Bell, Schwartz ** Sky Moore**
NJokue
Awesome OL

Garrett
Jordan Davis
T Bryan
J Clowney

JOK
A Walker

D Ward
J Johnson
G Delpit
G Newsome/Emerson

Teams are so infatuated chasing a top QB they forget about the rest…