Dallas LOL

This is where I have to disagree. I judge a player on how they play and less on the team wins. I have seen bad players get carried by teams as well as a player have a great game and their team still loses.

2 Likes

Green Bay will lose to us AND KC!
What does that mean?

1 Like

This is what I love about football. Its the ultimate team sport and everything is so dang relative.

2 Likes

This seems to be the avenue. Nothing on that team strikes fear in me.

1 Like

The Cowboys had the luxury of playing 3 really bad teams to start the season. Now they are playing legit teams and being exposed as frauds.
Last year has nothing to do with this year. Looks like they never should have parted ways with Linehan.

1 Like

Hell, today they were back to another winless team and LOST

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would consider the Jets “legit,” but most of us agree with exactly what you are saying. Personally…I think the departure from Linehan is inevitable for every team. If I’ve got a young QB, there’s no OC I would want more than Scott Linehan. The problem is when its time to take things to the next level, Scott can’t do that. Sticking with Scott will give diminishing returns and eventually become a liability. The question is…which OC to hire next?

Right now I think Kellen Moore’s best friend should be an old defensive coordinator. Someone with tons of NFL experience calling defenses and reviews Kellen’s playcalling and reviews it with him every week. “This is what I was thinking, and this is what you did” kind of stuff. And “hey, did you notice that your X position keeps doing Y in this situation? Its a tell my guys would pick up on.”

4 Likes

Especially at home where the NFL’s home cooking will be minimized compared to playing them at Jerry’s place

1 Like

I TOTALLY forgot GB lost to Philly

We really really really need to beat Green Bay

6 Likes

Nobody has taken more lumps and got himself up off the mat more than Stafford…
Dak has skills but is not on Stafford’s level …
The Cowboys go as Zeke goes and when injuries happen and Dallas is left to fight from behind and the weapons at WR are few & sidelined he is strapped because the Defense can not keep them a float … Just like KC is suffering now and we have long suffered

The Stafford detractors want to point to turnovers by him as a cause for our past demise and it has merit until you take into account the situation you are throwing in …often down , no Defense , no running game and pretty much every game the team relying on the skills you posses to win games .

Situation and down and distance is everything in passing… So comparing him to what many consider the best ever in Brady.
Stafford has thrown more passes while trailing in his career then Tom Brady has, even though Brady has played in 130 more regular season football games .

Career #'s when leading

Stafford 65.52 comp%, a 5 to 1 TD to int ratio & a QB rating of 114.5… when leading.

Brady… 65.40 comp%, a 5 to 1 TD to int ratio & a QB rating of 113.6… when leading.

Career #'s when trailing and odd they have almost identical attempts 2931 to 2929

Stafford 60.76 comp% 80 TD’s with 82 int’s a QB rating of 80.1

Brady …61.32 comp% 82 TD’s with 76 int’s a QB rating of 81.2

Extremely similar numbers, whats not similar is the Defense and Run game each has had and that the attempts each take when up in games or down in games with Stafford making throws at a 2 to 1 ratio trailing to leading and Brady is making his throws at a near 3 to 1 ratio leading to trailing.
On a per game basis the passes each has to attempt from a down and distance greater than 1st down and a distance of greater then 9 yards …not close either

You can’t have Brady results when the staff & team around him has not been remotely the same… It’s why wins as a QB stat is useless in determining what you have at QB and why many will argue & it’s not lazy to do so since the numbers back it up that if Stafford had been a Patriot the results in NE would have been similar and vice versa or worse if Brady had been a Lion as I do not see Brady getting up from the beatings Stafford has taken had he been a Lion . Stafford has the numbers he has under much harsher circumstances as it pertains to passing the football in the NFL and Stafford has done more with less.

3 Likes

So true, even the lowest person on the team can be the difference between a win or a loss.

1 Like

It means that I’m a happy boy 2 weeks in a row :grinning:

2 Likes

I hope we’re all happy for two more weeks in a row

1 Like

They play in the worst divisioin in football. 2 mediocre teams and 2 dumpster fires. Someone will get in the playoffs by default, but that is not a good team they just lost to. In fact, they had the refs blatantly try to hand them the game, and they still screwed it up.

They did nothing on offense against the Saints and lost to a back up QB.

They got hammered at home to Green Bay minus their best WR.

They lost to a team that will be drafting in the top 6 and it shouldn’t have even been close at the end.

But they got back up off the mat and lost in honorable fashion. Lol. Ok, guy.

1 Like

Great stats, just not sure what it has to do with Dallas. It probably deserved it’s own thread.

1 Like

Dallas has been consistently overrated for the better part of 20 years for no other reason than them being the Dallas freaking Cowboys so it’s lovely to see them struggling out of the gate.

With that said, they’re 3-3 and tied for the division lead so they could very well still win that division because it’s a trash heap.

6 Likes

The Cowboys suck right now.

The only two teams they beat are Miami and Washington. Who are considered the two worst teams right now. Everyone else man handled them.

They also beat the Giants, who aren’t very good either

1 Like

Ah I forgot about the NYG but that was when they had no healthy receivers if I recall correctly?