Dan Campbell is what I've been wanting for a long time

And Stafford 7-1 with LA. If Wilson hadn’t gotten hurt you wouldn’t be talking about Salah. Hell the Jets didn’t even know what they had…they traded for Flacco and the only reason he didn’t start is because he told the Jets he had a personal matter and couldn’t report until the weekend. It’s gonna be fun to see if White is legit.

And I’m not saying i disagree with you about the crappy way this organization is being ran……but no amount of coaching fixes this team this year. It’s devoid of talent other than Hockenson and Swift on offense. And our defense is basically rookies and undrafted FA’s.

3 Likes

Campbell saw Brees up and close for how many years? Get a new QB. Someone with leadership skills

2 Likes

Detroit was, with a Watson-less Houston right behind them.

1 Like

You do realize they beat the Titans with Wilson starting at QB right? They then beat Cincy with their back up QB. Beating a team who destroyed us on our own turf.

They’ve beaten two good teams. With two different QB’s.

The NYJ starting RB is a rookie. They’re number two RB is Ty Johnson. A guy who couldn’t make our roster. They have the 32nd rank run game.

They’re WR corp is about as bad as ours. They are averaging just two more yards a game than the Lions are.

The Lions have the 24th ranked defense and the NYJ have the 28th ranked defense.

Yet posters wanna claim they have more talent than us.

The big difference between the two teams is the coaching, game management and game preparation.

3 Likes

The team (players) matter! Wtf.
I can’t deal with bizaro world.

1 Like

Of course they matter.

But we’re ranked above the NYJ in just about every category.

The NYJ are playing competitive football. We’re not. The difference is coaching.

2 Likes

Is your last name Ford by any chance?

Offense:

Defense:

The green text is Overall, Pass, Run

The interesting failure here is our run game, which we expected more out of.
Swift is NOT an A+B. He’s a B.

Behind the exact same OL we see Williams:

we should have 2 wins if our coaching staff didn’t play absolute prevent defense when all that was needed to win a game was a field goal. Up by 4 or more? sure, play some prevent run the clock etc. I mean one of the kickers is probably going into the hall of fame as the best kicker ever. Do you learn from that? Nope. Do it again 2 weeks later.

3 Likes

I’m not sure where those stats are coming from. My references come from here

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stats/

That makes sense - I’m dishing the upper management and ownership for making another bad hire.

Football Outsiders, which adjusts for opponent and situation. A more reliable statistical representation of a team or position.

Also, take a look at the RB data I just added to the post…

The interesting failure here is our run game, which we expected more out of.
Swift is NOT an A+B. He’s a B.

Behind the exact same OL we see Williams:

2 Likes

Exactly - being winless at this point is solely on the coaching staff.

It now appears like he’s lost the locker room and it’s unlikely he will regain it. If he doesn’t this will be another crash and burn by the Lions.

Not sure whom to blame: blame everyone!!!

1 Like

Ahh ok so not actual rankings.

It might have something to do with Decker and Ragnow, no?

1 Like

I’ve watched parts of every game they’ve played this year. They beat the Titans and Bengals buy we’re absolutely rolled by the Pats. And before Wilson got hurt and some dude from western Kentucky university threw for 400 yds I never heard anyone singing praises about the Jets coach. The Jets actually traded for Flacco if that gives you an idea where there season was going.

For sure. But still, there’s quite a difference between our own 2 RB’s.

OK, but what is “actual”? Points? Points against the easiest schedule in the league? Points against the most difficult schedule in the league? Yards? Yards on 1st down? Yards on 3rd down? Yards on 3rd and short?

All of this is acceptable and can be understood, but if you don’t achieve at least one or two victories you become a reason to be ridiculed.
Whatever team you have throughout the season you have to achieve some victories, no matter how bad the roster was or had injured players, if you are a good coach you will come up with something.
He can find excuses after every lost game, so can I, but that’s not the point of coaching.
You are not brought to explain defeats, but to achieve victories.
It is not that he got a team like this, he also brought and fired some players.
He has my support and I don’t think about any resignation, but it seems to have gone from bad to worse. I hope that the trend will be reversed and start to get better.

1 Like

This coaching staff is krap … if you cant see it then you ain’t looking or don’t want to see it. My guess is you all have been living on hope for so long that its all you got left. How many coaches survived a 0…1… 2… win season in the NFL ?