Dan Campbell on the Lions offensive depth after loss to Jaguars: 'We're always looking'

yeah … but they also didn’t do something foolish like take Paris Johnson #1. Regardless of how good Johnson may become and regardless of how much they could have used a tackle, they did understand the value of the pick.

And they passed on Will Anderson when they needed a pass rusher. I think that was a mistake but ANY mistake the Bears make is much appreciated by Lions fans :wink:

And I do apologize to @CuriousHusker ….I sincerely was not trying to be an asshole I was just trying to state my disagreement :100:

1 Like

It’s all good. I apologize as well if I was unnecessarily contentious.

As to what Brad and Dan’s philosophy is (IMO), I’d describe it as fit. Which is some amalgamation of character, need, talent, upside, floor and so on. I also think they have some gut instinct to them guiding all of that. Due to that and their belief in collaboration, I believe that their process is fluid and can change, even if it’s to a minimal extent, whether that is player to player, pick to pick, round to round or draft to draft.

And I really appreciate their flexibility and that of the coaching staff. AG is the one guy that I have some rigidity concerns with.

1 Like

I love the way the do things….their philosophy. I the way I think as a fan.

@CuriousHusker @Richard_Parker

Hell yeah. That’s how you defuse an argument and make it about football. Kudos.

4 Likes

The community has to protect the community.

Nothing is ever too big or too serious to admit when you have crossed the line or if you are wrong about something. I don’t have that big of an ego….even though I always stand by what I believe in! :100:

You’re a Domer, you have no reason to have an ego…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You’re right…I’m part of three of the worst fan bases EVER (Cowboys, Notre Dame football & the Maple Leafs)

Just Keeping It Real The Rookie GIF by ABC Network

Mom is from Texas…she’s die-hard Cowboys and Longhorns fan. Im the youngest and the momma’s boy of the three…so I had to always like what mom liked. Dad is die-hard Lions fan…but I became a huge Lions fan when they got Barry Sanders. So I have rooted for both my entire life[quote=“CuriousHusker, post:93, topic:25121, full:true”]

[/quote]

Mom is from Texas…die-hard Cowboys and Texas Longhorns fan. I am the youngest of three boys, so I am the momma’s boy of the family. Always have to side with mom. Dad is die-hard Lions fan growing up near the UP. So I have rooted for both since I became a sports fan.

2 Likes

Okay. Tough question here. Who were you rooting for in the playoff game?

2014 & 1992 I was rooting for the Lions…but my momma don’t know. 1992 I wanted to see Barry win a Super Bowl. 2014…I just wanted to see the Lions win a playoff game. At this point there is not a scenario where I’d root for the Cowboys to beat the Lions because I have never seen the Lions win anything and I have seen the Cowboys win three Super Bowls.

2 Likes

They definitely need a legit #2, a field stretcher, but is it really that suspect? Amon Ra in the 4th, Chark was largely a success (they should have re-signed him though), Raymond was a waiver pickup as was Reynolds and they’re legit #3 WRs. He had misses with his first FA class and Jamo is TBD but I don’t think he’s been that bad at sporting WR talent by using minimal resources. The passing offense was a strength last season.

1 Like

Here’s one. Will Gibbs get more yards running or receiving?

Was listening to a podcast with the PFF guy who attended camp. He said they lined Gibbs up wide a ton and had him running a pretty advanced route tree

2 Likes

Gilmore looked good on Saturday. Even on the pass he got beat for the 48 yarder, he was hip to hip with the WR–just a great throw and catch.

Receiving for me, get him the ball in space and good things will happen.

2 Likes