Dan Campbell presser 10/3

Dang - check out the 8:00 mark where Dan talks about Levi.
I wrote him off a long time ago. Looks like Dan just did too. What a waste of a pick.
But the pain in his voice is so human.

This next game is absolutely crucial. The defense is coming off an absolutely humiliating performance. Go into the bye at 2-3, get a couple guys back healthy, have a couple weeks to clear their heads and do the best they can to put bandaids on the defense - and there’s hope. Go 1-4, having lost to another very beatable team - Pats are 1-3 w/a rookie QB - and things look awfully ugly.

1 Like

Not at all how I took it…or how the players will take it.
Just means we had other opportunities and we could have taken advantage in many areas.
None of the players in that locker room are worried about this petty shit…tha’s for fans to squabble over.

1 Like

If the Lions lose to the Pats it will get ugly quickly with fans. While I certainly am tired of constantly bringing in new regime, it’s also not reasonable to expect fans to remain patient through a rebuild, especially if the team is not showing enough in the win/loss column.

2 Likes

But it’s not what he said. He specifically said the pick-6 was “the difference in the game.” Technically true - sure. And a silly, insult-their-intelligence-and-their-maturity thing to say in a game you lose by 3 when the opponent doesn’t punt once.

Honestly it probably means switching back to last years 3-4 set.

He mentioned him standing up like he did at Michigan…. We might want to do the same with C Harris as he was pretty good standing up last year too…

Instead of rushing 4 with an undersized DL…. I’d prefer 3 bigger DL guys- and 1 edge coming- could be right or left/ not always both- more predictable and bigger people. Also means an extra 260 pound man near the LOS vs Mike Hughes.

1 Like

Again → None of the players in that locker room are worried about this.
People keep trying to say Dan lost the locker room/is losing the locker room, etc, etc. Semantics, semantics, semantics.

Bottom line…players don’t care an ounce!

1 Like

You apparently aren’t very good at research. Holmes was hired 1st

Neither am I (being honest, not snarky)
Also → I thought Dan was hired first too.

1 Like

You would be incorrect my friend. I think everyone is freaking out way too much. Most people had the Lions winning 6 games this year. It looks like they have a top 5 offense right now. Next year more focus on Defense on FA and the draft.

2 Likes

Completely agree. While I expect more wins than most, this rebuild is perfectly on pace. We intentionally built the O first. The D gets a massive infusion next year.

2 Likes

It’s simple. We are playing D like pussies.

Led by their pet AA, half the D like to overrun plays, drag tackle, and jump on the pile.

No bullshit- it looks like an 8th grade prep school team.

I feel like we’d fall for a double reverse 20 times in a row….

Guys looking at the sideline for the play call on almost every down?

WTF is M Rod running out to cover a solo WE with 3 seconds left on the clock? What play is that?

We had a pair of young guys with 10 combined sacks last year in Bryant and JO- they need more reps.

I already know that JJ Hughes sucks- we need Joseph to be our J Fuller or A Cisco- I don’t want to hear he, nor Iffy is ready?

Be ready

Gutter pussies to be precise!

Yeah but will any of them get on the field ?

And how many of Holmes defensive draft pic are contributing ? I think I read were McNeil was the only one in 2 drafts

I have faith, man! I think they do. To me, this entire thing feels like the football Gods are smiling upon us.

Dan has to be REEEEAAAALLY strong.

I’m not digging his energy on teh sidelines as much the last couple of games, even early on.

Patience, my man. Nobody hits on 'em all.
Will be good ones
-Hutch
-Rodgrigo
Decent one
-McNeil
Fairly high ceiling, but could also suck …inconclusive
Kerby
Iffy
UDFA outperforming
JJ

We have some nice pieces, just need to improve the top end. Too many flat out holes. Strategy gets to be better too.

1 Like

Not sure this is true, that most people had them at 6 wins. Could be true, I’ll have to go find that prediction thread that happens every off season.

With this years weak schedule I definitely felt 10 wins possible and anything less than 8 is an under achievement.

But they’ll all get their 3rd year regardless.

2023 should be playoffs or shown the door.

This has got to stop. Is the defense under-manned with talent? Yes, that was obvious all offseason. Yet anytime a poster would reference this fact, he’s get bombarded as a hater. With that said - the talent on D isn’t that bad. Look at the offense. They’ve got practice squad guys on the OL, practice squad at WR, 2nd string RB, the talent on that side of the ball right now with injuries factored in - it’s bad. At this level, good coaches get production with injuries and replacement level players.

Nobody was expecting Glenn to have a top 10 defense… but to excuse this mess is just choosing to be in denial. Which, to be honest, is probably smart as a Lions fan lol

1 Like

Holmes took Levi, Alim, Iffy and Barnes last year all around the top 100 in the draft (close enough). Out of those 4 - currently one looks to a potential starter. Rough start in terms of adding talent to the D

1 Like

What has got to stop? I gotta stop having my own opinion?? I gotta adhere to the band wagon of shitting on Glenn because everyone else is doing it?? I’m confused… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

IDK but I haven’t been shiting on Glenn ,I have been shiting on Holmes but we’ll he deserves it. And while some are in denial, some see his moves have been unhelpful to this defense to down right bad.