Dane Brugler Lions Mock Picks

if Pickett is able to read defenses and process info quickly then take him. Sometimes we get so caught up in the physical attributes we miss out on players. Pickett like Mac Jones in the right system can be successful

3 Likes

Goff was successful in the right system. 🤷

2 Likes

Here’s where I’m at, I don’t draft a QB yet and keep acquiring talent on the team around the QB. Goff has proven to be successful with the right tools around him and even if we could draft the next great QB, he’s going to need some weapons around him to be successful. I mean, wasn’t that the argument for Stafford not being successful here?!?
If Goff still can’t regain his old self, well then go get your QB.

2 Likes

Yep - I don’t see a QB in this draft

Pickett better be able to read defenses and get the ball out of his hands quickly… because definitely won’t be able to hang on to the ball long with his tiny hands.

Personally, coaches have the biggest impact on the success of a team. I think the right OC would be more impactful than any 2 players in the 1st round.

There are good pieces here and Goff showed last game he can still play. Get some good players in the draft and a very good OC and this offense will go from worst to top 10 in a single off season.

1 Like

One writer in the area…Kyle Mienke think Goff is just plain bad. I think he is bad. He was benched and then traded by the Rams. Most people think he is bad. I just dont understand what you are seeing that everyone else is missing.

That said …after reviewing more of KT stuff…he is my guy at pick 1oa.

I’d list my big board for Lions for 1st overall as:

1. KT
  2. Derek Stingley/Kyle Hamilton
  3. Aidsn Hutchinson

I’d target Willis at 23, but I don’t know if he is gonna make it there. Might need to move up. But it will be worth it.

If so…

1oa - KT
23- Willis (might need to move up)

Then I’d try to move up again from 33 to get Treylon Burks …Burks is gonna be a stud. After being mentioned here…watched some of his stuff. He is a DK Metcalf/Aj Brown just like Brugler said. He might end up going top 15 and out of our range. If we cant ger Burks, it might make sense to trade down from 33 just a little to get more picks to develop, depending who is there on the board and what FAs we sign.

Either way we need a real qb. And Jared Goff is not the guy long term. And MCDC and Holmes will hear the get fired chants if they decide to trot out Goff all season again while providing the fans with no hope.behind him. I place a heavy wager on that one.

Y E S

I’m in, man.

1 Like

I was going to say this sarcastically but here is actually is!!

Goff: Throws ball away on 4th down multiple times and refuses to throw the ball further than 5 yards down the field to his all pro tight end.

Fans: He just neEdZ mOAr WepUnZ!!!

If McVay thought Goff was saveable, he would’ve kept him. Teams don’t trade away 2 1st round picks to get rid of franchise quarterbacks.

That rams pick will be a qb if they think theres a good one available. Here is my reasoning

First round picks have that extra year of team control so for the highest salary position… qb you want that extra year.

The other reason is that taking care of qb with a mid to late 1st puts your cap situation in a great spot. The pats were very smart taking mac jones where they took him.

I expect the draft to be

1a- de
1b- qb
2a- wr

The reasons for de at top with no franchise qb available are multiple. First it is BPA and second it completes the d line. Now both lines are solid and they can work on other spots rest of the draft.

1 Like

So, Stafford never makes any bone-headed mistakes? LOL
Mind you, this is a 12 year veteran just throwing the ball up in the air for grabs.

You’ve been big on Malik Willis, correct?
So you’re answer is to draft a QB that has won only 2 of his last 6 games.
Who has thrown 6 interceptions to only 3 TD’s in his last 3 games.
Who has thrown only 41.2% completion rate and 52.2% in his last two games, give him no wepunz and that’s your formula for winning?!?! LOL

Yep, sounds good!

If they resign Walker I don’t think they agree with fans that safety is a top need. They seem to really like Harris witch scares the hell out of me.

And where are you getting all of this collateral to move up from #23 and #33 to take these guys? Let’s be realistic here please

We will.have comp picks

And

2023 draft

Then why was he traded ?

If we take a QB in this draft then they screwed up, this draft is incredibly weak with re to QB’s, esp a future franchise QB. Next year a much better scenario. They DO need to dump both their backup QB’s, I believe they are only signed thru this year anyway but they need to upgrade.

The draft, top 3 picks are DE then safety and wr. The good news is that regardless at least through the first 2 rounds, esp at the top of the 2nd where we pick, some top talent at S and WR will be available. IF we have a trade down at this point, I would trade down from our 2nd or 3rd pick.

We have Goff thru 2022 in any scenario. Take a QB in 2023. Sign Marcus Mariota in 2022, he is under contract for $3.5 million right now. This season he has run 5x in 5 games for 45 yards, 1 TD and 3 first downs. THERE is your legitimate backup and a guy who would immediately challenge for the starting spot.

2 Likes

You are not moving up in the first rd or top of 2nd rd with comp picks. Now 2023 picks, you are willing to trade a future #1 to move up in the first rd?? Glad you are not the GM

1 Like

No, they don’t but what’s even scarier is there aren’t any better options. Marlowe sucks as well. If they pass on safety this draft then they need their head examined but since they went hard after Johnson before he signed with Cleveland last offseason indicates they realize it’s a need.

1 Like

I have stated several times on other threads, I don’t believe the FO is going to even look at QB before the 4th rd and even then I doubt they take one in the draft at all.