Dane Brugler’s New Mock

I’ll beat a dead horse: Please trade down.
#2 pick - “he’s not the Bosa brothers”
#3 pick - “he’s no Chase Young or Miles Garrett”
Geesh - rub it in.
Jets and Giants are sitting in really good spots. Us? not so much. I’m nervous with both DE’s, for different reasons. I’d love to work out a way we get Hamilton, but not at 2. Then part of me says, just do it… even at 2OA. I understand the value (or non-value) of a safety at 2, but we need to make sure this pick is a difference maker.

Gosselin was a modern day draft Swami. Dude used to crush ever other “expert”.

Thursday morning he would drop his final mock draft, then that night the first round would basically unfold exactly the way he predicted. Amazing.

2 Likes

There’s nobody like him. He wasn’t a draft guy, he didn’t watch any tape and never claimed to be any sort of scout. But his connections ran so deep he would hear more than anyone else, his mock was based solely on that. And yeah, he crushed it. I remember distinctly when he mocked us Fairley and I was like, no way. He had been mocked in the top 5 all offseason. I believe he did only the one mock too a couple of days before the draft.

1 Like

My most recent mocks consistently wind up with the Lions going:
1a) Edge: w Hutch or KT.
1b) WR: (hoping Drake London or Burks)
2) CB or S (McCreary, McDuffy, Brisker, Dax Hill)

After giving up the most yards per pass attempt in the entire league, I don’t think anyone could argue against the Lions upgrading every spot in the secondary except CB24 and S Tracy Johnny Walker Black.

It’ll be interesting to see if Okudah can recover enough to reclaim that outside CB spot over Jerry Jacobs or Iffy. They could try him at S. Not sure if he’s got enough sand in his drawers for that. Watching Cam Akers in LA’s most recent win and his quick recovery put some real heat on our two guys with Achilles tears.

A few links I found looking up best Rick Gosselin drafts…some cool stuff.

I always felt if you could score direct hits on 8-12 picks (of the 32), you had a good mock. But I put more stock in how I fare on my Top 100 board than on my mock. The Top 100 runs on the Friday before the draft both in the Dallas Morning News and on our website dallasnews.com.

https://thehuddlereport.com/mock.history.shtml

1 Like

Olave had 2 catches for 23 yards

Olave had 6 catches for 132 and 2TD vs Clemson in the semi-final.

The WR stats are OSU are going to be dictated by the type of coverage the other team plays. So I wouldn’t read too much into that.

I saw where he was scared or didn’t want to even try to block. He wanted no parts of Bama’s DBs that day. So I don’t know

IMO that’s quite the fall for David Bell.

That’s my hesitancy with Olave. With his feel for space and positioning at a WR, I think he could do more in that regard. Can Dan and Friends coax it out of him?

1 Like

Especially if we’re going to be a heavy running team. I just feel there’s way better options out there. Besides, not sure he has the grit that Dan Campbell always refer to. You can’t get caught up in the flash and pizazz.

[quote=“BarrySanders20, post:32, topic:13960, full:true”]

I feel like he’s gritty but I agree that he isn’t a great or necessarily willing run blocker.

I’d like very much to trade up for Garrett Wilson.

Karlaftis too. That’s why I like following Dane, he’s plugged in with the league and does a really good job with which players the league is higher and lower on than us mock drafters. He’s spoken multiple times about Karlaftis and Bell going lower.

1 Like

His route running reminds me of a pitcher with a lot of herky jerky motion. He’s definitely a better route runner that Olave imo

Garrett Wilson didn’t have a good game either playoff game, really.

Like I said, its matchups a lot of the time.

Olave is a skilled finesse player, who can get deep and make a great play, if you are looking for him to be a great blocker, draft somebody else. (Although I do think he can improve with some work).

Is this Wilson or Olave?

Wilson. He’s good at selling fakes…I like him way better than Olave

1 Like

I guess I can see where he doesn’t run the most fluid routes necessarily, but he still is the best I’ve seen in a while at setting guys up for a move and he still separates really well. Combine that with the unbelievable amount of natural talent he has with the jump ball and how he can be a game changer after the catch, I just don’t see how he isn’t a top 15 at very least WR in this league.

1 Like

Bell is probably going to run 4.6ish. I still think he’ll be a solid pro but I could see it. I get an Epensa vibe with Karlaftis though the latter is a better athlete though not as long. Though I have to admit I liked A.J. more than I probably should have.

1 Like

He does set the defender up nicely and he has all the physical traits you want in a WR. If we could only measure the heart??? Not saying he doesn’t love football but do you really love it is the question ??? I like everything about Wilson.