Daniel jones is gonna make whaaaaaat?

Who the hell would draft one then??? Smh bro…

Teams that don’t already have a pro bowl QB drafted in round 1 in the last 10 years. SMH harder?

I’m answering your hilarious crystal ball question…nobody on the planet would draft a QB if they knew for certain they would never win a SB.

It would be the equivalent of an NHL team with a top 7-8 goalie, but bottom 2-3 in goals scored, drafting a goalie in round 1…

Those are some lofty goals. And expectations. Let’s make the playoffs first. And win a game.

If all those things happen and we have a deep run then Goff most likely gets an extension of some sort. And we keep it moving.

What happens if we falter? If the offense falters?

If the Lions have a top 5 Defense, oh my goodness I’d be excited.

Animated GIF

1 Like

Ravens 1,900 rushing and 17 tds #12 D

Seahawks 2,100 rushing 14 tds #1

So about 2,000 yards rushing and #6 D is the cast those QBs got on their rookie deals…

• my point is that if we had that, we would already be in the SB hunt…
1 Like

I think keeping Goff through 2024, possibly 2025 then moving on to a new quarterback increases this teams chances of winning a SB. It keeps the opportunity to win it all for a much longer window.

I don’t like the “let’s go for it now” strategy. Field the best team possible for as long as possible. Hopefully in that time you find the next franchise guy that makes sense to pay. Or you win a SB…I’m not committing to my QB just because he’s good and that’s what the market says he’s worth. I think paying QBs who aren’t ELITE results in an inevitable rebuild. Whole lot of evidence to support this theory too.

The reason the Lions went 8-2 was mostly Goff-

You don’t have that kind of team without superstars all over the place. And to get star players, you have to pay them. Once you pay them, you can’t afford paying your QB the amount it takes to keep him.

It’s elite QB who can overcome team deficiencies or an elite team with a cheap quarterback. There really isn’t any in between.

Already said if they decide to resign him they resign him and he is the guy at whatever the price is……you don’t know what will happen w these guys. No one does. It’s all a gamble. We have seen LOCKS completely bust (hello Ryan leaf) and we have seen guys out of no where become the greatest ever (Tom Brady). What matters to make a good qb a great qb is 1 part his talent, 1 part the team around him and 1 part the coaching he gets. Lions have the coaching, the team and these qbs have the talent just needs to be polished up….if the lions choose to pick one.

1 Like

I’ll take DC and BH over Goff 1000% of the time.

This take is wrong. Goff played his part for sure, but he does not deserve the majority of the credit. He actually didn’t do much different the second half. The defense just finally started to not completely suck.

We fire Ben Johnson?

i'm kidding fox tv GIF by Last Man Standing

1 Like

BJ’s never get rejected.

This is a terrible example. Hockey players drafted can be compared to baseball players. It takes years for some to get to the bigs. The Red Wings took a goalie 2 years ago in round 1 and he still hasn’t arrived in Detroit.

Hockey and Baseball draft without regards to their Major League/NHL team.

You are giving K Raymond, Swaggy, and the #30 ranked defense a lot of credit.

Everyone loves Josh Allen right?

There have been 8 teams in the league since 2019 that have allowed less than 300 points…. 8 times in 128 seasons. 3 were the Bills, and 2 in the 17 game season era…

Allen has a truly elite team and isn’t elevating them.

2 Likes

He without a doubt, without question, elevates them. You can only point to on paper to discredit what Josh Allen means to the Bills. And you ignore the craziest game in NFL history to support this continuous argument. Josh Allen should’ve been in the SB in 2021. His ELITE defense choked big time. As bad as a defense can. Then garbage NFL rules didn’t give Allen a chance to finish it off. This course of events makes you believe what you say about Allen has merit.

Stop with the Josh Allen comparison. You are the only person on the planet who puts up this argument. Either you are right or everyone else is wrong. Look in the mirror on this one.

And if you think the Lions defense wasn’t night and day different in the 2nd half of the season. You watch games with fanboy blinders on.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

1 Like

Best to run away!! Fast!

Fish Running GIF

1 Like

NYG → the same organization that gave Kenny Golliday 17 million per catch

1 Like