David Montgomery to Detroit goodbye jamaal

Well said. I actually think they went just big enough to make Bijan not necessary. I think they could still take a jitterbug type…

big t rex GIF

HAA. I love the “uncle Rico” reference, well done.
Look, I’m FUKCING pissed okay? Just let me have my moment, you arent wrong and I’'m not right but you are and I am. JW is one of the few, genuine, fun, good guys I’ve witnessed in a long time. Out here in the West a ton of people talked about TWO people from Hard Knocks, 1) obviously Hutch 2) JW, that’s the impact he had on fans and from what I can tell the players. I will say this a million times, the 2 million more he wanted than what Lions were willing to give him will be pissed away ten times over by players who never bring ANYTHING to the team. He was a known quantity.

LOL! Like the way you think Marty. Glad to have you back man.

2 Likes

If you want a 2-Gap DT ok measure arms and all that jazz.

If you want a 1 gap interior game wrecker then arm size doesn’t matter as much.

Guess what Holmes wants? An interior game wrecker

Levi O
Josh Paschal

If he has the opportunity at #18 I’d bet he goes for a swing again there at DT

INSIDE JUICE

1 Like

Everyone tells me it’s a deep RB draft… perfect. We know Swift can be a lightning rod when healthy, but he is ideally paired with a consistent grinder like Mont who can break a ton of tackles and churn the hard yards. Add in a rookie playmaker and I think the Lions have a backfield we can all be excited about.

3 Likes

I See You Soccer GIF by UEFA

2 Likes

I want a Suh-type.
Ndamukong Suh Bucs GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3 Likes

That’s why you take Jalen Carter first…then Calijah Kancey.

Everything we thought Suh & Fairley were going to be… CARTER & KANCEY will be

1 Like

Ok but literally no one has ever done it before. Ever. Odds are stacked infinitely against him lol

It’s either him or Tavai round 5. Take your pick LOL

1 Like

He wanted more than 2 million. What the lions gave DM is an idea of that they would have given JW, but with one less year. So they offered around 5 a year he wanted a number that started at 10 and stopped around 12. You paying him 30-36 million a year with 20 up front? Love him and love what he brought. But Dan is the glue, not JW.

1 Like

Man my profile picture is telling you guys , marty knows things and i may say for @BigNatty i may not to be bald, but im certainly handsome.

3 Likes

What is your over/under for sacks in 23’ for Kancey?

Rookie still coming
In a later round

His point was spot on though.

Swaggy- run between the tackles, swift likely a pass….

Swaggy had THREE catches the last TEN games

3 Likes

I want to start off by saying, I believe David Montgomery is going to thrive in our offense. I remember each time the Lions played the Bears since DM has been there, I always seem to hold my breath when he was handed the football because I knew he was going to be tough to bring down. Fields wasn’t my worry, David Montgomery was. So with that being said……

I am really going to miss Jamal Williams! To me, he was the heart and soul leader of this team. His personality is infectious. With that being said……

Welcome to the D D-Man! Looking forward to having you in our backfield on game day!!

6 Likes

Bingo.

2 Likes

Love Jamaal.

Love this signing even more.

We got the better football player. I’ll miss Jamaals leadership and personality. But this move makes more sense for improving the team

7 Likes

Interesting that many in the Den would have likely wanted Swaggy and TJ Edwards over Montgomery and Anzalone… given they all might end up with the same AAv.

I know we love Swaggy and his personality a ton… I do- but it’s possible that Dan and Brad saw AA as a bigger leader?

3 Likes